Automate 1.11.3 | Selecting A Particular Chat From Select Contact Search Results

Cartoon Turbine

Nov 25, 2021, 2:50:03 AM11/25/21
to Automate
When trying to select a certain WhatsApp Business chat from 'Select Contact Search Results' ImageView with the interact block the corresponding "ui element id" is identified as "com.whatsapp.w4b:id/contactpicker_row_photo". As a result, the profile photo of the chat user is opened and not the chat itself. It seems, that I've tapped the picture to see the profile, but I've tapped the chat itself.

What would be the proper "ui element id" to open the chat and not the user's profile?

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Nov 25, 2021, 7:01:17 AM11/25/21
to Automate
It's impossible to tell, since it may differ with Android version, App version, language, etc..

Try using the search icon in the "record interaction" window to find some other UI element, maybe drag it to some empty space between the image and title/name or whatever to find its parent element.

Cartoon Turbine

Nov 25, 2021, 10:17:17 AM11/25/21
to Automate
Thank you Henrik for your prompt assistance!

I'm glad to inform that i could successfully find out the accurate Element ID couple of hours ago.
For everyone, i would like to share it here.

UI Element Class:
android.widget.TextView

UI Element ID:
com.whatsapp.w4b:id/contactpicker_row_name

I thank God Almighty.