Answer a phone call then click on star button on the dialpad

FP_newbie

Jan 4, 2023, 6:24:20 AM1/4/23
to Automate
Hi, I am new to Automate.
I would like to automate this:
when I receive a call
1-Then answer the call
2-Then open the dial pad
3-Then click  on star button

I was able to perform until 2, but I am not able to click on star button or whaterver other button of the dialpad. I am wondering if a click interaction is enough or if something else is needed.
I used record interactions to determine xpath expression. I perform the call manually and then I click on the needed button to know the xpath.

I have tried to Proceed when UI element appeared ans immediately but with no result unfortunately.
If someone could help me it would be very nice

P. Andreas Schmidt, IVE

Jan 13, 2023, 12:53:02 PM1/13/23
to Automate
Hi there "newbie",

I just tried it on my phone using the interact touch, using click and the coordinates. You can go trial and error until you get them, or if you have developers settings enabled use the show pointer coordinates to then calculate (finding out your phones resolution, can also be done with that same setting, putting your finger in the right low corner of the screen). Using just the interact block didn't work, interact touch did it for me.

Hope this is understandable and helpful to you (and even more that you may have figured this out already in the meantime)

With kind regards

FP_newbie

Jan 16, 2023, 7:25:50 AM1/16/23
to Automate
Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your advices. Yes it was helpfull for me, thank you very much. One thing now that disturb me is that I would like my  flow work all the time and I don't know how to do it. I have purchase the premium package.
I am trying in parrallele to program the same behavior in Kotlin, but it's pretty hard for a newbie.

Kind Regards

Fabrice

P. Andreas Schmidt, IVE

Jan 17, 2023, 10:39:55 AM1/17/23
to Automate
Hi there Fabrice,

if I understand correctly your problem now is that once you get called and your flow does what you need it then stops, but you would want it to start over and wait for the next call?
In that case all you need to do is connect the yes/ok point of your last block, back to the in point of your first block.

Hope this helps,

Wkr,