Selecting a certain WhatsApp chat with the interact block

dmt lsv

Sep 23, 2016, 9:58:04 AM9/23/16
to automa...@googlegroups.com
When trying to select a certain WhatsApp chat with the interact block in the interactive mode, the corresponding "ui element id" is identified as "com.whatsapp:id/contact_photo". As a result, the profile of the chat user is opened and not the chat itself. It seems, that the interactive mode thinks, that I've tapped the picture to see the profile, but I've tapped the chat itself.

What would be the proper "ui element id" to open the chat and not the user's profile?

Florian HubSpace

Sep 24, 2016, 2:19:04 AM9/24/16
to Automate
Action: Click
UI Element Class: android.widget.TextView
Ui Element Text: John Doe
UI Element ID: com.whatsapp:id/conversations_row_contact_name

dmt lsv

Sep 24, 2016, 3:37:11 PM9/24/16
to Automate
Thank you, that finally worked!

Would you be so kind and share with us how you've found the proper element ID, so that in future I can find it on my own?

Thanks in advance!

Florian HubSpace

Sep 25, 2016, 11:33:00 AM9/25/16
to Automate
I have got these values by using the record interactions feature of the interact block.
View the history to find a specifiy interaction while recording.

which are more accurate and detailed sometimes.

dmt lsv

Oct 3, 2016, 5:43:16 PM10/3/16
to Automate
Thanks!

Cartoon Turbine

Nov 25, 2021, 2:36:53 AM11/25/21
to Automate

Hello Sir,

I had gone through your answer where you had given solution for "Selecting a certain WhatsApp chat with the interact block"

I am facing the same issue for which unfortunately your solution doesn't work.

I am actually creating a flow for :

Opening my WhatsApp for Business > Tapping on New Message (Mail Icon) >
Searching with a given Contact name > Clicking on it in search results to send a message.

Each time when I think to open up the particular chat, it open up the profile photo of that contact instead if I set the UI Element ID as com.whatsapp.w4b:Id/contactpicker_row_photo

I tried with these below ids but nothing happens.

com.whatsapp.w4b:Id/contact_selector

com.whatsapp.w4b:Id/contact_row_container

com.whatsapp.w4b:Id/conversations_row_contact_name

com.whatsapp.w4b:Id/conversation_row_name

For finding various element ids, I tired Automate Interaction Recording as well as AutoInput.

Can you please help me to find the accurate id?

Thanks in advance.

Cartoon Turbine

agena martin

Nov 10, 2023, 1:03:00 AM11/10/23
to Automate for Android
The proper "ui element id" to open the chat and not the user's profile would be "com.whatsapp:id/conversation_contact_name". This element corresponds to the name of the whatsapp chat user, and tapping on it will open the chat itself.