key pressed bug?

John Charlton

Jul 14, 2021, 1:40:04 PM7/14/21
to Automate
Using a flow with two key pressed? blocks.  These are set to filter the key from other apps.
Working fine.
Then I changed which key to use (in both blocks)
The new key is working and is filtered from other apps

the original key isn't triggering the key pressed? blocks but is still being filtered from other apps.  I closed the automate app and restarted it... but the original key that's no longer used in the key pressed? blocks is still being filtered from other apps.

John Charlton

Jul 14, 2021, 5:43:18 PM7/14/21
to Automate
Eventually this seems to have corrected itself.  I'm not sure why the long delay.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jul 23, 2021, 8:20:07 AM7/23/21
to Automate
Sorry for the delayed response.

Does both block use the same key code?

So Automate itself doesn't detect subsequent key presses after it was consumed?

Android version?

John Charlton

Jul 23, 2021, 10:15:54 AM7/23/21
to Automate
yes both blocks used same code, the blocks were sequencial in same flow.
I had removed original key code in both blocks and added the new key code.
automate was 'consuming' both the original and new key code, but was only triggering on the new one.

I closed and restarted automate and same thing.

However, as mentioned in my follow up post the situation eventually fixed itself.  Sone sort of delayed reaction in updating the 'consumption' of the original key code(?)

Android 11 on Samsung S10

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jul 24, 2021, 12:19:32 PM7/24/21
to Automate
Automate keeps track of consumed keys being pressed/down so it can also consume its release/up event.
I guess this could cause the key to get "stuck" as pressed/down if this gets out-of-sync somehow, since other apps wont get any release/up event. Maybe the system has a "timeout" for key presses which eventually fix the issue.

Since your on Android 11 i suspect the following bug may also contribute to the issue: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/163120692

John Charlton

Jul 24, 2021, 2:09:25 PM7/24/21
to Automate

well it was a Bluetooth keyboard
honestly this happened once and I haven't tried to see if the fault will repeat if I do the steps again

If you'd like I could try to recreate the issue, and also try with a usb connected keyboard instead of a Bluetooth keyboard

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jul 25, 2021, 11:40:48 AM7/25/21
to Automate
Yes please, if you can figure out how, let me know the exact steps to reproduce.