Cloned fiber cannot be stopped

Paweł Wrona

Jul 31, 2021, 7:32:17 AM7/31/21
to Automate
I can't stop a fiber using a "Fiber Stop" block that was cloned with a different cloned fiber. In the attachment there is a Flow with the error described. This flow contains two fibers that should stop immediately when flow starts.

andreas.s...@web.de

Jul 31, 2021, 11:12:40 AM7/31/21
to Automate
the two "childs" of the "parent" forks do not run at the very same time - they are a few ms apart (10-30 ms at my phone) - tested via text output into the log. That means that the first "child" stops itself before the second "child" even ran.

Paweł Wrona

Jul 31, 2021, 11:20:15 AM7/31/21
to Automate
You are right about that, but even after delaying the operation of the stop, it still does not work.

andreas.s...@web.de

Jul 31, 2021, 11:36:28 AM7/31/21
to Automate
okay, I experimented a bit and it seems that you indeed can not create multiple forks with the same names without getting problems controlling the execution of them (never tried it myself before - I give them always unique names to avoid problems)

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jul 31, 2021, 2:35:13 PM7/31/21
to Automate
Your Fiber stop block should use the parent variable, not child.
The second fork should also enable the "Stop new with fiber when parent stops" option.