barcode reader, how to make work

Ben Bruno

May 23, 2024, 9:47:23 PMMay 23
to Automate for Android
I need to be able to have an [App decision] block open up the camera to scan a barcode and then of course give me that output.

I have looked around and I cant get it to work. Everyone else's solutions involve zxing however, I cant get it to work at all. Google play services has a really nice barcode reader however I am unable to call the correct activity.

is there a good scanner app that you know works well for this?

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 24, 2024, 1:32:32 PMMay 24
to Automate for Android

Ben Bruno

May 24, 2024, 8:38:10 PMMay 24
to Automate for Android
the barcode scanner app that it suggests me to get is unavailable for my phone, google play says its not compatible

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 25, 2024, 1:50:58 PMMay 25
to Automate for Android
Odd. The try some of the others, many will likely support the intent. Sadly, the Google goggles app does not.