Open Security Gate

Rodger Dill

May 28, 2024, 1:55:17 PMMay 28
to Automate for Android
Good afternoon,

I have been trying to setup a flow that will open my gate when I answer the call.  I need to be able to send the number 9 tone when I pick up the phone.

I have a flow that will play the DTMF tone 9 when I answer the call from the gate, but my gate is not recognizing the tone.  I am using the Block "Play Tone" and then selected the DTMF Key 9 and I have tried various durations from as short as 0.3 to 2 seconds.  I even put in delay block for a second and played the tone again.  I also looked at the example that is given on the examples page but that did not work.  using pn[i] - 48 as the tone.  replacing pn[i] with a 9.  If I manually press a 9 once the flow has completed the gate does open.

If this has been asked, I apologize in advance for asking this again, but I could not find anything out there.

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance,
Rodger

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 31, 2024, 5:51:21 AMMay 31
to Automate for Android
Android doesn't let regular apps play DTMF tones upstream in calls, as the documentation say, "Note! Few devices support playback in phone calls through the Voice call audio stream."