"Accessibility service not running" after phone restart

mouta...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2021, 8:50:07 AM8/1/21
to Automate
Hello,
I have several fibers getting the error "Accessibility service not running" just after a phone restart. There's no problem if I start the flows manually.
I'm running Automate v1.30.0 on an Android 11.
Is there a workaround to avoid these failures?
Thanks for your help and keep on the good work.
Luc

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Aug 1, 2021, 2:29:42 PM8/1/21
to Automate
Accessibility service not being restarted properly is a known issue:

Does it work again when you try to restart the flow again manually, without having to re-toggle the services in system settings?
If so, then it might be because the service is running flows is started before the accessibility service, that i could fix.

mouta...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2021, 4:46:51 PM8/1/21
to Automate
Thanks for your answer.
Yes, I confirm that if I start the flows manually, the fibers run perfectly without doing anything in Android system configuration.
So, maybe could you just wait for the Android accessibility service being fully started and operational before restarting the fibers.
I don't know if this can be said simply like that but it's the idea.
Thanks for your help.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Aug 2, 2021, 10:34:27 AM8/2/21
to Automate
Most blocks using the accessibility service already to await it to start. At which kind of block did your flow fail?

mouta...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2021, 4:18:57 PM8/2/21
to Automate
Here are the logs of two flows:
07-30 15:36:59.341 I 8293@3: App in foreground?
07-31 08:58:20.948 I 8293@3: Resumed after restart
07-31 08:58:20.967 I 8293@3: App in foreground?
07-31 08:58:20.968 F 8293@3: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Accessibility service not running
07-31 08:58:20.968 I 8293@3: Stopped by failure

07-31 08:30:00.944 I 8302@2: Interruptions?
07-31 08:58:21.980 I 8295@43: Resumed after restart
07-31 08:58:21.993 I 8295@43: Time window?
07-31 08:58:22.023 I 8302@2: Resumed after restart
07-31 08:58:22.023 I 8302@2: Interruptions?
07-31 08:58:22.025 F 8302@2: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Notification listener service not running
07-31 08:58:22.025 I 8302@2: Stopped by failure

There are two blocks, App in foreground? and Interruptions?
For this later, I got the error Notification listener service not running.

Tell me if you need any further infos.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Aug 5, 2021, 1:37:10 PM8/5/21
to Automate
Thanks, i'll investigate.
Yeah, the Android bug affects both accessibility and  notification listener services.