Getting exception

Shari Shark

Oct 3, 2022, 8:34:09 AM10/3/22
to automa...@googlegroups.com
I am using notifications and I get this.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Notification listener service not running

However all the necessary permissions are given. My flow runs and it'll randomly crash. Can I know what's the problem and how to fix it?

My phone is poco m3 pro running android 12.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Oct 3, 2022, 9:00:03 AM10/3/22
to Automate
It's a known Android bug that Google refuse to fix, probably caused by some non-standard "power save" feature killing Automate then not restarting it properly:

Try toggling the "access notifications and Do Not Disturb settings" privilege off then on again.

Shari Shark

Oct 3, 2022, 9:02:01 AM10/3/22
to automa...@googlegroups.com
ah already been doing so. Weirdly it was working fine when I first created my flow. Now it's getting this issue randomly. Oh well, guess I'll create a watchdog to ensure the service keeps running..

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Oct 3, 2022, 9:18:13 AM10/3/22
to Automate
A said, it's not an issue with your flow nor Automate.
Avoid swiping away Automate on the "recent apps" screen as that usually kills an app on Chinese devices.

Shari Shark

Oct 3, 2022, 9:21:13 AM10/3/22
to automa...@googlegroups.com
Ah I don't swipe away the apps. The os just does garbage collection occasionally.

Shari Shark

Oct 4, 2022, 12:01:37 AM10/4/22
to automa...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, I realized I can "fix" it by using a failure block to capture the error.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Oct 4, 2022, 5:35:36 AM10/4/22
to Automate
It doesn't fix the problem, that can only be used to ignore it.

Shari Shark

Oct 4, 2022, 5:46:45 AM10/4/22
to automa...@googlegroups.com
Ya exactly. It doesn't fix the problem. But at least it's no longer stopping.