All flows lose network connection on reboot while phone locked

73 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

davidpritc...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
15.11.2021, 10:45:3715.11.21
an Automate
In the last few months I've started having a new problem that I didn't have before. When my phone reboots automatically in the early hours (done by an Automate flow), all the flows that resume after the restart lose network connectivity until the phone is unlocked. The logs show this error when trying to do any HTTP request:

android.system.GaiException
EAI_NODATA No address associated with hostname

This didn't happen before, so I have a suspicion it might be because of a recent-ish update, perhaps 1.30.0 (I'm currently on 1.31.2 but going back to 1.30.0 didn't seem to cure it). I'm going to try restoring 1.29.3 to see if it fixes the problem, although one or two of my flows may not be compatible.

I tried creating a flow that checks for connectivity on reboot and logs the results, and both wifi and mobile data are enabled after rebooting (but before unlocking).

Any ideas?

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

ungelesen,
23.11.2021, 06:35:2823.11.21
an Automate
It's an Android DNS problem, i don't know why it occurs, probably because a lack of internet connectivity.

Android version?

davidpritc...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
23.11.2021, 10:08:5623.11.21
an Automate
5.02, I'm afraid.

I tried reverting to 1.29.3, but now the app doesn't even do anything until the phone's unlocked (whereupon I get "resumed on restart" in the log). This was not the behaviour before, but I'm not sure what version I had before it started misbehaving. I tend to update reasonably regularly, so I don't think the version would have been much older.

I don't have any restrictions on Automate running as a background process. Before it would continue working in the background after a reboot without any problem. I think the problem goes back to around August.

I could check whether the phone, while SIM-locked after a restart, is connecting automatically to the wifi.

davidpritc...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
23.11.2021, 13:56:4223.11.21
an Automate
It is connecting to wifi on restart, so I'm not sure what's changed. With 1.29.3, it appears that the flows will not start until I actually open the app, which was certainly not the case before and not the case with 1.31.2.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

ungelesen,
24.11.2021, 07:19:1524.11.21
an Automate
Nothing related has been changed in Automate for years.
I think newer Android versions don't start apps until a rebooted device has been unlocked.
Ensure you've enabled the "run on system startup" option in settings. See also:

davidpritc...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
25.11.2021, 09:52:0125.11.21
an Automate
<facepalm>

It was indeed "run on system startup". It used to be checked, though, and I haven't changed the Automate settings for years. Might it have been changed after the upgrade to 1.30? Anyway, it's working again now. Thanks!

davidpritc...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
25.11.2021, 09:55:2325.11.21
an Automate
Thinking about it a bit more, I think the problem I had before going back to an earlier version and then restoring was a different one, because I was getting connection errors in the log while the phone was locked, indicating the flows were indeed running after restart. I imagine the resume setting was lost after uninstalling so I could restore the earlier version, and then not restored when I recovered the new version with Titanium Backup.

davidpritc...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
18.12.2021, 07:11:0318.12.21
an Automate
It's now started happening again. Weird. Exactly the same symptoms.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten