Using ADB to grant "Superuser" permissions

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Aug 12, 2017, 1:07:17 AM8/12/17
to automa...@googlegroups.com
Likely only works for the Location provider set state and System setting set blocks, since the other blocks has to access features as root, i.e. depending on a ("superuser") service running as root.

The Superuser extension has to be installed:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.llamalab.automate.ext.superuser

In the ADB shell run the following commands to grant Automate the permissions:
pm grant com.llamalab.automate.ext.superuser android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
pm grant com
.llamalab.automate.ext.superuser android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
pm grant com
.llamalab.automate.ext.superuser android.permission.SET_PROCESS_LIMIT

The above instructions are obsolete since version 1.19.0. Instead see:
Message has been deleted

vman...@gmail.com

May 20, 2019, 9:20:06 PM5/20/19
to Automate

vman...@gmail.com

May 20, 2019, 9:21:20 PM5/20/19
to Automate

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 20, 2019, 9:23:08 PM5/20/19
to Automate
Those instructions are obsolete since version 1.19.0, see: https://llamalab.com/automate/doc/adb.html

GuardianOfRlyeh

May 22, 2019, 4:19:37 PM5/22/19
to Automate
On your website this line does not work:

adb -s <serial number> appops set com.llamalab.automate WRITE_SMS allow

I get a "adb.exe: unknown command appops" error.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 22, 2019, 10:05:18 PM5/22/19
to Automate
Oops, it's missing an "shell" in there:
adb -s <serial number> shell appops set com.llamalab.automate WRITE_SMS allow

octa...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2019, 2:40:27 AM6/8/19
to Automate

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jun 8, 2019, 11:00:35 AM6/8/19
to Automate
I'll update it for the next release.

jasonj...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2019, 12:12:35 PM9/15/19
to Automate
hell no

Rubm Scar

Jan 18, 2021, 7:35:00 AM1/18/21
to Automate

Hey guys, I know, this conversation is old, but that doesn't work for me (OnePlus 8 Pro - Android 11).
I try to turn on the airplane mode via some flows.
I get the error "automate java.lang.illegalstateexception: Failure to bin superuser service: a rooted device is required"
Since I don't want to root my device for now, I would like to know which permission I might need to add to make it work..

Thanks for your help in advance :)
jasonj...@gmail.com schrieb am Sonntag, 15. September 2019 um 18:12:35 UTC+2:
hell no

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jan 18, 2021, 3:04:36 PM1/18/21
to Automate
ADB wont suffice, as the block documentation say, a rooted device is required.

narf...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2021, 7:44:47 PM1/18/21
to Automate
You can try adapting this flow which will use Quick Setting tile if you don't have permission: