"Notification Show" not working on samsung one UI 3.1 android 11

mahesham22

Apr 22, 2021, 11:35:14 PM4/22/21
to Automate
Hi,
As mentioned in the subject, the notification show block doesn't show notification.
I created a new flow which has only this block. Still it didn't show notification. I have tried all settings in the block.

When the thread runs, the log steps show like this:
   Flow beginning
   Notification show
   Stopped at end
It also shows Automate Running notification in the status bar
It also creates the Notification Category properly.
I tried changing the Notification Settings for that category in the android settings without any success
If I add Notification Popup block after the above block, the popup shows correctly. But notification still won't show.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Apr 22, 2021, 11:59:16 PM4/22/21
to Automate
Ensure you haven't disabled "Show notifications" for the "Flow" notification channel in settings.
If your flow ends in a Notification show block ensure it's not using Proceed = Immediately, since the notification will be removed when the flow stops.

There's no "Notification popup" block, are you referring to an Dialog block, if so does it display its notification?

mahesham22

Apr 23, 2021, 12:40:17 AM4/23/21
to Automate
Yeah,  in test block, it was set to proceed = immediately. changed it to 'When Dismissed'. It works now.
Then In my original flow, both blocks were set to proceed immediately. modified the first block, so it looks like this now. and it's working fine:
1. Notification Posted? (from an app) (when transition) -> 2. Notification Show (immediately) -> connect to 1

Thank you henrik.. for the quick reply and solution also.

mahesham22

Apr 23, 2021, 12:51:50 AM4/23/21
to Automate
And by Notification Popup, I meant Toast Show. My mistake :p