Delayed Whatsapp notifications on Android 11 and Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra

Martin K

Jun 13, 2021, 1:36:13 PM6/13/21
to Automate
Hi guys,

I am having a HUGE problem with delayed Whatsapp notifications on my Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra (and surely not only me judging by what is on the web). Before, I could pinpoint the problem to MIUI setting battery saver profile to "Google services framework" service and as soon as I changed it to "no restrictions", notifications were working correctly again. BUT. A week ago the phone updated to Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 and the option to select battery profile to "Google services framework" is GONE and apparently fixed at MIUI "battery saver profile", killing it soon and delaying notification, sometimes even HOURS late. And MIUI is known for absolutely strict power saving. Just to add, Whatsapp has "no restrictions" power profile and everything turned ON (like autostart, ALL notifications etc.), so no obstacles to it whatsoever. Also, just so we skip this step, I tried EVERYTHING from all videos and blogs on the web how to cope with delayed Whatsapp notifications, naturally to no avail, the main reason you are my last chance ;)

That´s when I found Automate (really great app) and tried these two workarounds:

1. First, I would create a loop, using "App start" function to start Whatsapp every 5 minutes. Because everytime I open Whatsapp, it always checks for and shows new messages correctly, so I assumed this would work. But to my surprise it didn´t, after several loops it even didn´t show the homescreen of Whatsapp and still late notifications.
2. So I tried to focus on services responsible for checking/pushing notifications both in the Android and in Whatsapp. I tried to create a simple solution or loop. First, I would start a Whatsapp service that I thought should be responsible for checking new notifications. I tried both Whatsapp one - "com.whatsapp.push.gcmlistenerservice" and Google or Android one - "com.google.android.gsf.subscribedfeeds.GCMIntentService". But both ended with this error shown in log under the Flow in Automate:

"android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: Unable to find explicit activity class (com.whatsapp.push.gcmlistenerservice); have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?

I thought that the problem was I was trying to run a service of Whatsapp without Whatsapp running or starting first, so I added to the Flow also to start the Whatsapp first and then run the command. Still the same error and no effect.

Now, I am out of clues how to succeed. I am almost sure that if I would succeed in reviving those two mentioned services regularly, It would result in timely notifications, at least not more delayed than the frequency of the reviving of those processes mentioned.

As I am absolute amateur in such programming things (even though I succeeded in setting up different scenarios in Automate, but this is getting much more complex), would you be so kind and give me some advice, what am I doing wrong or even better, send me the exact Flow or at least step by step guide how to program the algorithm in Automate in order to reach timely notifications of Whatsapp even with cellphone sitting in idle or doze mode several hours? Even using completely different way, I don´t care. Now I am missing important calls from my family far away and that hurts. I am even strongly thinking about switching back to Samsung that worked flawlessly, even though except this, Xiaomi is a great phone.

THANK YOU :)

Rein Bow

Jul 13, 2021, 6:10:30 AM7/13/21
to Automate
Hi, i had the same problem as you. Do you found any solution to this?

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jul 23, 2021, 10:08:04 AM7/23/21
to Automate
Sorry for the late reply.

Sadly, on the system can start, or otherwise affect, services, e.g. GCM,  killed by non-standard "power save" features.

Jacky Wu

Jul 27, 2021, 2:29:56 PM7/27/21
to Automate

Hello my friends,

I have same issue as you.
And I think I have figured out how to fix this.
I downloaded a app call hidden setting for miui
Which I can find the hidden battery saver option for google service framework and turn off the saver.
Haven't test too much on this. Hope this work for you.