EAI_NODATA on Android 14, Samsung Galaxy A14

Oliver Linnarsson

May 27, 2024, 8:31:47 AMMay 27
to Automate for Android
I'm using an "HTTP Request" block configured to make a GET request to "https://www.google.com", however it's throwing "android.system.GaiException: android_getaddrinfo failed: EAI_NODATA (No address associated with hostname)".

I'm running Android 14 on a Samsung Galaxy A14.

Does anyone know a solution or workaround for this issue?

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 27, 2024, 12:06:18 PMMay 27
to Automate for Android
That's usually caused by some DNS problem, maybe a temporary connectivity issue. Try leaving the Network interface field empty. Try disabling any VPN.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 27, 2024, 12:07:43 PMMay 27
to Automate for Android
Also, ensure Automate is excluded from the system "Data saver" feature.

Oliver Linnarsson

May 28, 2024, 2:38:35 AMMay 28
to Automate for Android
I'm not using any VPN, the network field is empty (as per the answer to another question on reddit), I don't have any connectivity issues since I can connect to youtube and load google in a webbrowser.

Oliver Linnarsson

May 28, 2024, 2:39:56 AMMay 28
to Automate for Android
Data saver is turned off on the phone, and Automate is added to the whitelist even if it happened to turn on by an update.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 28, 2024, 4:43:18 AMMay 28
to Automate for Android
Ensure to uninstall all of the obsolete Automate permission extensions, see: https://llamalab.com/automate/doc/extensions.html

Try rebooting the device.

Oliver Linnarsson

May 28, 2024, 5:11:22 AMMay 28
to Automate for Android
I've never installed any extensions. I've rebooted and updated the device to the latest version multiple times since installing Automate.

Oliver Linnarsson

May 28, 2024, 5:13:53 AMMay 28
to Automate for Android
The device is only used to run Automate. It's a test device for generating traffic.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 28, 2024, 5:27:07 AMMay 28
to Automate for Android
If the device connected through Wi-Fi, if so then try explicitly selecting Wi-Fi as Network interface.

As a test, can the HTTP request block access https://llamalab.com ?

Oliver Linnarsson

May 28, 2024, 5:33:44 AMMay 28
to Automate for Android
Seems to work with WIFI. I'll have to check our test env one more time. Thank you. I'll get back to you In a few days.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted