SMS Received Block not detecting anything

Lloyd Odi

Jan 20, 2023, 7:00:16 AM1/20/23
to Automate
Hello,
I tried to create a macro that for every SMS I received, it takes the message content and send it by email to a specific adress mail.
I tried to send a SMS to myself (from an other number) to test the macro but the automation staied on "SMS received" even after I received the SMS.
Can someone explaine me what is wrong?
Screenshot_20230120_125613_com.llamalab.automate.jpg

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Jan 20, 2023, 8:09:00 AM1/20/23
to Automate
Ensure to leave the phone number input argument empty.
Try leaving the Subscription field empty.
Ensure the message is actually an SMS, not an MMS, RCS, Google Fi or other kind of IM.

Beyond that, as the documentation say, "Note! Some messaging apps like Go SMS Pro and Project Fi by Google may prevent other apps from accessing incoming SMS."

Lloyd Odi

Jan 20, 2023, 8:41:55 AM1/20/23
to Automate
Thank you for your help.
The problem was that the innate app for texting on a Huawei phone, is not based on SMS, but on RCS.
I found a solution using "Receive Notification", thanks again for the help.

Lloyd Odermatt

klokhui...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2023, 11:26:18 AM10/7/23
to Automate for Android
as RCS is quite frequenctly enabled by default while some people don't even know it exists, causing a lot of confusion for people not understanding why they're able to read some SMSes but not some other SMSes, could you please add something like

"Note! Make sure the message is an SMS, not an MMS, RCS, Google Fi or other kind of IM.
If you want to receive text messages as SMS instead of RCS, disable RCS in your messaging app. (on Samsung, disabled Chat Settings -> Chat features)"

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Oct 10, 2023, 12:55:09 PM10/10/23
to Automate for Android
Thanks for the suggestion. Will include a notice in the doc.