DTMF stuttering while screen off

Ricardo “Rudxain” Fernández Serrata

Aug 25, 2023, 6:11:15 PM8/25/23
to Automate for Android
Repro:
1. Place DTMF play tone 0x5b, Audio Stream: Alarm.
2. Place Delay 3s. No awake. Inexact or Exact.
3. Loop both blocks.
4. Start flow.
5. Go to Home screen.
6. Turn off display.
7. Wait some seconds, then there will be stuttering.

Device: SM-A315G
Android: 12.0

I guess this is a One UI power-saving "feature"

Ricardo “Rudxain” Fernández Serrata

Aug 25, 2023, 6:26:37 PM8/25/23
to Automate for Android
Forgot to mention: "ignore app hibernation", "ignore battery optimization", and "schedule exact alarms", were all disabled when I tested. I'll try testing with them enabled

Ricardo “Rudxain” Fernández Serrata

Aug 25, 2023, 6:32:24 PM8/25/23
to Automate for Android
"ignore app hibernation" seems no-op, "exact alarms" is unnecessary, "battery optimization" is also no-op. the issue persists

Ricardo “Rudxain” Fernández Serrata

Aug 25, 2023, 6:34:27 PM8/25/23
to Automate for Android
The issue persists even while AM is in foreground. Screen-off is the only requirement

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

Aug 26, 2023, 6:02:42 AM8/26/23
to Automate for Android
No issue on my devices, nor in the Android 12 emulator., so it's likely a device issue.

Ricardo “Rudxain” Fernández Serrata

Aug 31, 2023, 5:43:25 PM8/31/23
to Automate for Android
This is weird, because the "Audio Play Block" works perfectly fine.

I didn't have DTMF issues with the J3 Mission nor the Xperia Z5.

(I'll add this to https://rudxain.github.io/Samsung-rants , for anyone interested)