ZX808 GPS Device (with Android 5.1 - no google apps)

Syl Gr

May 10, 2021, 10:13:30 AM5/10/21
to Automate
Hi all,
Is there a possibility to install premium app on android device that don't have google apps (play store, account, etc.) on it?
I try automate some tasks, but this payment pain for me (I don't want to install any google apps for stabillity)
I read below doc
Still, I don't want to search another automation app, because it can't be used on clean android device as a premium:/   (I like this app - I have it on my personal smartphone)
Message has been deleted

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 10, 2021, 4:01:31 PM5/10/21
to Automate
The app will work, but some features may not, nor using more that 30 blocks, i.e. Premium.

Syl Gr

May 11, 2021, 8:51:22 AM5/11/21
to Automate
Yes, I understand that I can create a Flow with maximum of 30 block, but it's not enough for my autotasks :/

klok wert

May 12, 2021, 2:25:09 AM5/12/21
to automa...@googlegroups.com
You could split the flow up into multiple flows of 15 blocks (so when starting the other flow with the first flow won't let it go beyond 30 blocks limit) and then let the flows start each other, it's harder than just automate premium, but it's better than the 30 blocks limit

Syl Gr

May 12, 2021, 9:01:58 AM5/12/21
to automa...@googlegroups.com
OK,
Hhow to pass/receive variable between Flow-s?
For example: when main flow receive sms with specific command, then pass sender number to next flow and start it?

Message has been deleted

Shari Shark

May 12, 2021, 9:19:56 AM5/12/21
to automa...@googlegroups.com
Pass via payload. In the flow beginning block > output variables > payload.

Syl Gr

May 12, 2021, 10:51:59 AM5/12/21
to Automate
I'm newbie in this. Do you have some basic examples with this usage?.
When I set payload at the beggining block (Main flow that read sms and if param is OK then run diferent flow) this variable is visible only in this main flow. I don't know how to use/set this in different flow when I use "Flow start (start another flow)"

Syl Gr

May 12, 2021, 11:23:07 AM5/12/21
to Automate
For clarify:

1620832568402.jpg   1620832568391.jpg

How to pass sms sender variable (phone number of the sender) from first Flow (Start) to the second Flow (Start shock) and display it on a toast message.

Shari Shark

May 14, 2021, 1:15:53 AM5/14/21
to Automate
Take a look at this flow:

Anyway, the number of blocks will stack up when the first flow is calling the second flow. i.e. the blocks are 4 in the example.

If you want to keep below the limit, u'll have to be creative. Previously i saw a tutorial that teaches how to do this. in short, u need a orchestrator that is very lightweight, and flow 1 will pass the variables to the orchestrator (and flow 1 finishes). The orchestrator then pass the variables to flow 2 (which is then started).

The process will look something like this: flow1 -> orchestrator, flow 1 stops -> flow 2, orchestrator stops. The challenge comes in that you will have to figure out how to start flow 1 again, assuming that is where everything starts from.

Honestly, it's a pain in the ass to achieve with the 30 blocks limit. I have the same setup, where I have a phone without google play installed. So, I just make my flows very simple and use the phone simply.

The Sys Eng

May 14, 2021, 1:39:36 AM5/14/21
to automa...@googlegroups.com
If you enjoy using Automate then why don't you buy the premium version so you don't have the 30 block limit?

Shari Shark

May 14, 2021, 1:45:37 AM5/14/21
to Automate
Yup i did buy it. Just that I'm keeping an old phone in my car as a dedicated navigation device, and it auto shutdowns on certain criteria.

Not too sure about the thread-starter but he mentioned installing premium version. Hence he might have also bought it.

Syl Gr

May 18, 2021, 2:57:42 PM5/18/21
to Automate
Premium version is on my smartphone but on this device (ZX808 Topin; android 5.1; there is no google apps installed on it). And when I manually try to install them apps crush on start. So I stuck with free version.
(in the past there was 2 types of apk's: 1-st some_apk.apk, 2-nd some_apk_premium.apk; and this was greate for moving them on devices without google stuff).
Forced use of free the version I  must think Outside-Of-The-Box, so... now I save variables in a text files: Flow-1 write variable value in a file, then run Flow-X, Flow-X read file and import text value as a variable.

I use this device as a GPS shock sensor (for my bike), and If someone touch it, ZX808 inmedietlly send me a sms with GPS coordinates (for tracking purpose). I know that this can be achived by small amount of blocks in the Flow, but in time, my needs expand, and now Main Flow supports more than one sms command.

Henrik "The Developer" Lindqvist

May 18, 2021, 3:13:03 PM5/18/21
to Automate
There has never been two different APK, since Automate has always used an in-app purchase to unlock Premium.
Even there was, it still wouldn't work, since some installed Google service would have to perform the license verification.