Importing dot files in Automata Lib

Prajyothchand PJR

May 17, 2018, 3:41:57 AM5/17/18
to AutomataLib Q&A
Dear Team,
Could you please let me know if i can import 2 dot files in Automata lib to compare 2 DFAs ? Or should i translate the dot files into java classes. If so could you please let me know the procedure.

Regards ,
Jasper

Markus Frohme

May 18, 2018, 3:54:15 PM5/18/18
to Prajyothchand PJR, AutomataLib Q&A
Hi Jasper,

currently, there exists no DOT-Importer for AutomataLib.

I think the easiest way to import a DOT graph is to use a DOT parser (e.g. JPGD [0]) and construct a DFA (e.g. via an AutomatonBuilder) as you traverse the de-serialized dot graph.

[0] - http://www.alexander-merz.com/graphviz/