EOL - Sept 1st, 2022

Adam Crain

Apr 28, 2022, 1:54:52 PM4/28/22
to opendnp3
Hi All,

As I've mentioned over the last year, we're winding down our role in the OpenDNP3 project.

We just released a 1.0.0 of our Rust-based library:

With this release, I'm officially announcing an end-of-life (EOL) date for the project of September 1st, 2022.

Rather than letting the library ambiguously slide into an unmaintained state, the following will happen on this date:

1. The Github repository will be archived, making it read-only.
2. The Google Group will be locked, but will remain publicly searchable.
3. The project homepage, repository README, and group will be updated to indicate that the project is end-of-life.

I am going to go and put this information on the project website and README now so that any new users are aware of what the plan is.

Regards,
Adam

This conversation is locked