Raspberry Pi 4 as DNP3 TCP Outstation

Jorge Galvez

Mar 28, 2020, 2:02:09 PM3/28/20
to opendnp3
Hello! thank you very much for let me joining the group.

I am relatively new to Linux and Raspberry but I configure RTUs from a long time ago and I found Open DNP3 code as I am trying to configure a Raspberry Pi 4 as an RTU (Outstation) which will poll certain local devices by using modbus TCP and send unsolicited messages to a remote SCADA. The modbus part was succesfuly done with node.js (node-RED). And I want to use DNP3 because of it´s buffer functions, deadband and robustness.

I downloaded form github and compiled the opendpn3 demo code by using Cmake on RPi but the documentation indicates that a file DNP3 Manager is needed, which is suposed to set the protocol up to define Outstation address, buffer size, etc. I have been looking for additional documentation or step by step procedures but unfortunately I have not found more than the Automatak information.

I have seen your posts and all of them are be very specialized so please for me it would be fine if you let me know where to look for if I am not in the correct site.

Thanks in advance!

Jorge

Adam Crain

Mar 30, 2020, 11:30:03 PM3/30/20
to opendnp3
Jorge,

Have you found this manual?

This and the example applications below are what are available:

If after reviewing these you have specific questions, please post them here.

thanks,
Adam

DIERSON ANTONIO DE LIMA SILVA

Jan 24, 2022, 2:06:08 PM1/24/22
to opendnp3
Hi,

I was trying to get openDnp3 to work on esp32 but I had several problems.

I decided to put it on the Raspberry PI 3 B+ and I'm having this problem that I couldn't solve.

CMakeFiles/rpi-dnp3-gpio.dir/src/main.cpp.o: In function `main':
main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x474): undefined reference to `asiodnp3::DNP3Manager::AddTCPServer(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned int, asiopal::ChannelRetry const&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned short, std::shared_ptr<asiodnp3::IChannelListener>)'
CMakeFiles/rpi-dnp3-gpio.dir/build.make:172: recipe for target 'rpi-dnp3-gpio' failed
make[2]: *** [rpi-dnp3-gpio] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/rpi-dnp3-gpio.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/rpi-dnp3-gpio.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm using the example for rpi-dnp3

I would like some help.