Continuous Retries with UDP

Nicholas Lee

Mar 10, 2022, 11:27:17 AM3/10/22
to opendnp3
I'm using library version 3.1.1.  If I set up a UDP endpoint (master or slave, behaviour is the same), if the other end isn't listening, the UDPClientIOHandler::TryOpen function gets called continuously, even if the channel retry settings are configured to delay retries (I'm using ChannelRetry(TimeDuration::Seconds(30), TimeDuration::Minutes(1), TimeDuration::Seconds(5))).

Is this a known problem, or have I configured something wrong?

Nick

Adam Crain

Mar 10, 2022, 7:13:33 PM3/10/22
to opendnp3
Does it sound like this issue?

Lee, Nick

Mar 14, 2022, 4:28:53 AM3/14/22
to automat...@googlegroups.com
Adam,

Yes, it sounds like the same issue (apologies, I did search the forums for my problem, but failed to find that thread).  It looks like the issue is still open.  Is it an easy fix?  I've had a go at fixing it myself, but have so far failed.

Nick

On 11/03/2022 00:13, Adam Crain wrote:

EXTERNAL MAIL - Treat links with extreme caution

Nicholas Lee | Embedded Software Engineer
Office : +44 (0)8700 111992   Email/Lync : nick...@nortechonline.co.uk
Nortech Management Ltd 5A Stella House Building 2, Vale Business Park, Asparagus Way, Evesham, WR11 1GN, United Kingdom
Company website: www.nortechonline.co.uk
Registered in England no: 2777816 VAT No: GB606132871

Adam Crain

Apr 2, 2022, 8:15:54 PM4/2/22
to opendnp3
We're going to do another release in April and will fix this along with a couple of other small items.

Lee, Nick

Apr 11, 2022, 3:53:28 AM4/11/22
to automat...@googlegroups.com

Adam Crain

Apr 23, 2022, 3:53:18 PM4/23/22
to opendnp3
Hi Nick, please give the fix in 3.1.2 a try and let us know.

Lee, Nick

Apr 25, 2022, 4:54:14 AM4/25/22
to automat...@googlegroups.com
Adam,