LinkConfig Constructor Unused Parameter

瀏覽次數:29 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Nicholas Lee

未讀,
2021年12月23日 清晨6:18:032021/12/23
收件者:opendnp3
I've just discovered one of the LinkConfig constructors has a parameter called useConfirms, which is never used.  Should it be removed?  It was used in an older version of opendnp3: you could set it through the now retired OutstationStackConfig::link.UseConfirms member, though I don't recall if it ever did anything.

My understanding is that enabling it would contravene the DNP3 specification, so I understand why it may have been removed. We did support it in our application, though as I don't think we've ever used it, I don't think we'll miss it.

Should the unused parameter be removed entirely to avoid confusion?

Adam Crain

未讀,
2021年12月23日 上午11:34:322021/12/23
收件者:opendnp3