Hi , anybody have not helped me in dnp3 google group :(

cbk

Sep 18, 2021, 6:49:12 AM9/18/21
to automat...@googlegroups.com
Hi, anybody did not help me. actually, my problem is so easy but I have missed one thing!
Please help me or I couldn't even find anybody who will help with a supporting fee.

if you help me I would be very glad.
 I  am using the outstation server( ver3.1.1 ). I can compile the outstation without problem by c# 2019 studio.

* I tested my server with freyrSCADA  it is ok . it is running well.

* I tested my server with the protocol test harness it is not ok .
all values are not updating. once I see all values but it is stopping updating.
  when I send enable unsolicited message from the master test harness all values are changing properly. it is nice but is it normal?
in addition that I test harness is connected to the server and no updating and then I restarted the outstation and bingo, test harness can update  for  all changing values properly.
  although I did not send unsolicited message=true but it run well . what is that ?

* I tested my server with master Axon  test.   all values are not updating. once I see all values but it is stopping updating. I couldn't find any function to send enable unsolicited message. so it is not running.
when I used opendnp3.2.3.0-M1 everything was good.  but there is the updating problem in the new version. I don't understand what I missed.
Thanks,
Bektas

Adam Crain

Sep 23, 2021, 10:48:03 AM9/23/21
to opendnp3
Bektas,

We've asked you for pcaps or traffic logs (opendnp3 decoding).  Without this information we can't really help.

We don't provide commercial support for OpenDNP3 anymore, so help is really only available as we have time or interest.

I would get a copy of the DNP3 specification and read about how polling vs unsolicited mode works as well.  When unsolicited reporting is enabled, the outstation will send values that change automatically.  The master must send ENABLE_UNSOLICITED to make this happen.

When not using unsolicited reporting, the master must be configured to properly poll for changes.

Adam

cbk

Sep 23, 2021, 2:04:13 PM9/23/21
to Adam Crain, opendnp3
Hi Adam,
thanks a lot for a your reply.  At least now I understand why you didn't reply.

Bektas