Tool for comparing class properties more easily

jdsteve...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2020, 11:12:44 PM2/6/20
to AutoMapper-users
I'm currently working with Automapper in Visual Studio 2017. I'm looking for an easy way to compare two classes to ensure the properties are following the Automapper conventions. I.e. After typing up a DTO that I want to map to, I want to easily see which properties match and which will need a custom mapping expression. I thought it would be cool if there was a Visual Studio Automapper extension that opened the classes side-by-side and graphically showed which ones would map based on the conventions. I would be happy just to open the property lists side by side in any way though. I was going to try VS' class diagrams but it's not installed yet, but I don't think that's totally ideal because just to view it, it has to add a class diagram file to the project which I'd then need to go delete. Does anyone have a better solution?

Jimmy Bogard

Feb 10, 2020, 7:58:00 PM2/10/20
to automapper-users
Not that I know of...I just use the convention checker test - AssertConfigurationIsValid, that's the best I could come up with.