AK minimizing games when script runs

ian burgess

Oct 5, 2022, 2:29:06 PM10/5/22
to autokey-users
trying to setup some hotkey based scripts for a game but every time i press the hotkey the game gets minimized.

Little Girl

Oct 5, 2022, 3:24:42 PM10/5/22
to autoke...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

ian burgess wrote:

>trying to setup some hotkey based scripts for a game but every time
>i press the hotkey the game gets minimized.

I was going to ask if you had another script that minimizes the
active or focused window, but we can't use the same hotkey for more
than one script, so that's out. The only other thing I can think of
is that that's a game hotkey. Have you checked through all of the
game's hotkeys to see if that's one of them? If so, you could disable
it in the game or change it to something else so that they don't
conflict.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.

ian burgess

Oct 5, 2022, 5:20:20 PM10/5/22
to autoke...@googlegroups.com
it seems to only happen in games where losing focus of the game minimizes the game which is common in true fullscreen games whereas borderless windowed games or windowed games are not affected. so it seems like when the script runs it steals focus which minimizes the game, which is unintended behavior

Little Girl

Oct 5, 2022, 6:03:06 PM10/5/22
to autoke...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

ian burgess wrote:

>it seems to only happen in games where losing focus of the game
>minimizes the game which is common in true fullscreen games whereas
>borderless windowed games or windowed games are not affected. so it
>seems like when the script runs it steals focus which minimizes the
>game, which is unintended behavior

Interesting. I've never seen that happen. Is AutoKey's main window
open when this happens or closed? Also, can you share the contents of
the script in here? Maybe there's something in it that's grabbing the
focus.

ian burgess

Oct 5, 2022, 8:19:43 PM10/5/22
to autoke...@googlegroups.com
doesnt matter if autokey is open or running in the background and the code is pretty simple just a single keyboard.send_keys("i") since it is being used to register a non standard key ingame.

Little Girl

Oct 5, 2022, 9:14:36 PM10/5/22
to autoke...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

ian burgess wrote:

>doesnt matter if autokey is open or running in the background and
>the code is pretty simple just a single keyboard.send_keys("i")
>since it is being used to register a non standard key ingame.

That sounds like it should work just fine. I'm out of guesses for the
moment, but will try to come up with more. Meanwhile, you might want
to try posting about this in our Gitter chat, where you'll be more
likely to find users with advanced knowledge:

https://gitter.im/autokey/autokey

ian burgess

Oct 5, 2022, 10:42:03 PM10/5/22
to autoke...@googlegroups.com
sounds good Thanks!

Kreezxil

Oct 6, 2022, 7:03:48 AM10/6/22
to autokey-users
a copy of the script, the game in question, and the settings you assigned the script via the ak gui would be helpful here.