How to use new features

Cezar Dimari

Apr 16, 2021, 3:00:51 PM4/16/21
to autokey-users
I installed xautomation and ImageMagick, I used the command click_on_pat ("image.png"). And give the following error: The 'test' script encountered an error

Cezar Dimari

Apr 16, 2021, 5:09:37 PM4/16/21
to autokey-users
The error only happens when looking for an image in a game window.

Joe

Apr 16, 2021, 11:58:20 PM4/16/21
to autoke...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to our list, Cezar Dimari.

One of our devs has been looking at the code for this API recently.
Please repost this on Gitter where he will see it.

https://gitter.im/autokey/autokey

I can't promise anything, but Gitter is where our devs and advanced
users hang out, so you are more likely to get assistance there for this
particular issue.

If you don't get this resolved in a reasonable amount of time, you may
want to file an issue at https://github.com/autokey/autokey/issues .

This feature doesn't get used much (mainly because the information
describing it is buried on GitHub. We are trying to fix that.)

It will speed things up if you include code that recreates the issue
along with an AutoKey trace and any other supporting information which
makes the issue easier to recreate. See
https://github.com/autokey/autokey-python2/wiki/Problem-Reporting-Guide .

When you do get it to work for your use case, please consider submitting
some sample code to our wiki.

Long ago, I tested Xautomation standalone and it worked, but that's as
far as I went at the time.

Joe