Install AutoKey on Opensuse Leap 15.3

Luiz Orlandi

Feb 4, 2022, 3:15:42 PM2/4/22
to autokey-users
Hi guys !!

I tried install AutoKey on Opensuse wiithout success several times, after installed using the RPM got the errors bellow:

autokey-common-0.95.9-lp153.2.2.noarch.rpm
autokey-gtk-0.95.9-lp153.2.2.noarch.rpm

orlandi@localhost:~/bin/autokey> autokey-gtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/autokey-gtk", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('autokey==0.95.9', 'console_scripts', 'autokey-gtk')()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 484, in load_entry_point
    return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2725, in load_entry_point
    return ep.load()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2343, in load
    return self.resolve()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2349, in resolve
    module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/autokey/gtkui/__main__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from autokey.gtkapp import Application
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/autokey/gtkapp.py", line 47, in <module>
    from autokey.gtkui.configwindow import ConfigWindow
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/autokey/gtkui/configwindow.py", line 23, in <module>
    require_version('GtkSource', '3.0')
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 133, in require_version
    (namespace, version))
ValueError: Namespace GtkSource not available for version 3.0
 I tried install using Pip and got the same errors.
 Someone had the same issues ?? how to solve ??

Best regards;

Luiz

Little Girl

Feb 4, 2022, 5:15:49 PM2/4/22
to autokey-users
Hey there,

I'm sorry it's giving you trouble. Hopefully the https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56823857/valueerror-namespace-gtk-not-available page will be of use.

jos...@main.nc.us

Feb 5, 2022, 5:21:30 AM2/5/22
to autoke...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to AutoKey!

Some comments.

The link in the previous reply might help solve your problem, but if
AutoKey needs that as a dependency (which it does), then your package
manager should have found and installed it for you when you installed
AutoKey.

It's been a very long time since I have used an rpm package manager, but I
seem to recall that there was an rpmi command that helped with
dependencies.

This is the first I've heard that someone has packaged AutoKey for
OpenSuse. That's great.

You should ask about this on the OpenSuse support forums. Either you
didn't install it correctly or the package isn't setup with the proper
dependencies.

You can also follow the instructions at
https://github.com/autokey/autokey/wiki/Installing#pip-installation

It details the dependencies you need to install first.

Note that your error messages appear to reference AutoKey 0.95.9.
0.95.10 has been out for around two years and, with any luck, 0.96.0 will
be released soon. So it looks like the OpenSuse AutoKey package needs to
be updated anyway. We develop and maintain AutoKey itself, but we do not
maintain the AutoKey installation packages used by any Linux
distributions.

Joe
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autokey-users/f51f45a1-c990-4386-a250-55ebff9943d2n%40googlegroups.com.

Luiz Orlandi

Feb 5, 2022, 5:01:19 PM2/5/22
to autokey-users
Thank you guys, I'll read all and try.

Luiz Orlandi

Feb 7, 2022, 10:29:46 AM2/7/22
to autokey-users
Hi all !!

 The  first steps sent from Little Girl didn't worked.
 Trying fill all dependencies from Joe's link I got some errors:

For Python-xlib
localhost:/home/orlandi/bin/python-xlib # ./runtests.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./runtests.py", line 13, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources
localhost:/home/orlandi/bin/python-xlib #

For autokey:
localhost:/home/orlandi/bin/autokey # python setup.py
  File "setup.py", line 44
    def extract_autokey_data() -> AutoKeyData:
                               ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Checking here, I have Python:

/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/python2.7
/usr/bin/python3.6
/usr/bin/python3.6m
/usr/lib/python3.6
/usr/lib/python2.7
/usr/lib64/python3.6
/usr/lib64/python
/usr/lib64/python2.7
/usr/include/python2.7
/usr/share/man/man1/python.1.gz

I really don't know for were start...

Regards;

jos...@main.nc.us

Feb 8, 2022, 4:43:30 PM2/8/22
to autoke...@googlegroups.com
I'm a bit lost here.

The only thing that I notice is that you seem to have some Python
infrastructure installed in your user's bin directory instead of at the
system level. IDK if that's an issue.

I recommend jumping over to Gitter where our devs and advanced users hang
out and asking for help there.

https://gitter.im/autokey/autokey

Joe