Autokey not shutting down on logout

allistair crompton

Dec 21, 2020, 10:36:33 AM12/21/20
to autokey-users
Hey,

Autokey seems to prevent my kubuntu from logging out / shutting down. If I press logout / sutdonw  it takes about 30 seconds until i see the login screen. If I quit Autokey beforehand it logouts instantly.

kubuntu 20.04
Autokey (QT): 0.95.10
KDE Plasma: 5.18.5
QT Version: 5.12.8
Kernel: 5.4.0.58

Joe

Dec 21, 2020, 3:37:35 PM12/21/20
to autoke...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the list, Allistair.

I don't know if that's a bug or a feature. :)

Did this just start happening (assuming you were using AutoKey before?)

We will need to know what version of AutoKey you are using. The latest
version is 0.95.10 and should be what you have if you got it from the
20.04 repos using your package manager (apt ...)

Please repost this on our Gitter page where our developers will see it
because I don't know the answer.

https://gitter.im/autokey/autokey

I use kubuntu 18.04 and my shutdown is a bit slow, but I don't know if
having AutoKey running makes a difference - especially because it's
always running on my system.

Joe
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autokey-users/56b6a6db-cd8c-49b4-94c0-37f02eb95792n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autokey-users/56b6a6db-cd8c-49b4-94c0-37f02eb95792n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Joe

Dec 21, 2020, 3:39:24 PM12/21/20
to autoke...@googlegroups.com
Oops, I see you are running the current version.

Joe

allistair crompton

Dec 22, 2020, 4:24:25 AM12/22/20
to autokey-users
Hey Joe,

thanks for your help. It's a fresh install. I ran autokey-gtk with ubuntu 20.04 before. I did not have this problem with the gtk version. Ubuntu logged out without problems.

Allistair

Joe

Dec 22, 2020, 9:59:39 AM12/22/20
to autoke...@googlegroups.com