Some changes in project leadership

Nicholas Blumhardt

Oct 11, 2012, 4:47:13 PM10/11/12
to Autofac
Hi everyone,

With Autofac 3 just around the corner, it seems like a good time to make some updates to the running of the project. As you will have noticed if you've been following this list recently, the work on Autofac 3 is moving along at pace. Spearheading that effort are Alex Meyer-Gleaves and Travis Illig: watching the release take shape in their hands has been very exciting.

Alex has been taking a lead role in the project for some time now, and it is hard to imagine Autofac without him! I'm pleased to announce that Travis will be stepping in to the role of project co-owner with Alex. Thanks, Travis! Your talent and dedication are making a great impact on the project.

I first put finger to keyboard on Autofac sometime in 2007, but almost immediately the project was on the radar of Rinat Abdullin, who gave Autofac the push that it needed to go from an experiment into a successful open source effort powering some of the biggest .NET projects in the world. A lot has happened in the meantime. Rinat's work at Lokad and many associated projects (you can follow them on his blog) has led him into new territory, and he's hanging up his 'owner' hat on Autofac for now. Love your work, Rinat! Thanks for all of your effort.

With other priorities taking my time, I'm also stepping out of the project leadership at this point. Autofac is hugely important to me, and I'm still actively working on it as a committer, but to make a successful release requires a focus that I don't have at present. Alex and Travis have that focus, and my full support is behind them to take the project where it needs to go.

That's all for now folks - hope all of you Autofac mailing list lurkers are doing well :)

Cheers,
Nick