Error opening point database

Todd Childers

Mar 13, 2003, 5:43:30 PM3/13/03
Error opening point database

points.mdb

Unrecognized database format

can anyone help

wfb

Mar 13, 2003, 5:56:18 PM3/13/03
More than likely someone has opened the Access database in something other
than Access97. Reopen and save back to Access 97.

"Todd Childers" <tchi...@bleylengineering.com> wrote in message

B Jordan

Mar 17, 2003, 2:55:12 PM3/17/03
Also, make sure the file does not have the read-only attribute checked on.
We have run into both situations at different times(Access 2000 and
read-only).

HTH
Bruce

David Albamonte

May 6, 2003, 10:25:31 AM5/6/03
I am having trouble opening point databases for LDD projects across the
network. The problem is similar to

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2882486&linkID
=2475507

and

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2888065&linkID
=2475507

except the point database is not opened by another user (and not identified
by the program as such) and the database format has not been changed. A
typical message looks more like

Error opening Point Group Database

<project path>\<project name>\Cogo\Groups.mdb

Out of memory

There are other machines in the office which will open the database without
problems. This problem happens more than 95% of the time when I open a
drawing.

David