Color 255 Text not Plotting

Mark W

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
I work for a Landscape Architectural firm who does a lot of color ploting
with raster images, 3-D Models, etc. We are using R14 and plotting to a
HP750C. Sometimes the background raster image is dark, yet we would like
text labels on that surface. Therefore to do this our text labels need to
be a light color to read. When I put the text on a layer set to Color 255
(White) the text does not plot. When I change the text color to 254 (Light
Grey) it plots fine.
Is this an AutoCAD problem or an error with the plotter? Any help would be
appreciated.
Mark W
Land Design Studio

Charles Ritter

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
I'm not sure but might be because there isn't any white ink.

Mark W

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
O.K., but why then will a line or polyline set to color 255 plot as WHITE?
The plotter can leave blank areas while plotting which will then be WHITE.
Why can't this work with Text?

Charles Ritter <cri...@kpt.nuwc.navy.mil> wrote in article
<77lqu9$qb...@adesknews2.autodesk.com>...

Bill Gilliss

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
On our 650c, it depends whether you are using the plotter as a Windows
system printer or as an HPGL device. If memory serves, the sytem printer
approach results in things of color 255 being ignored completely, while
they plot more dependably with the HPGL driver if you pay attention to
draworder and the plotter's Merge Plot setting.

Edwin

Jan 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/16/99
I'm not sure but u might use the 'draworder' to bring the text in front of the
raster images.
And remember to configure the 'Hpconfig' setting to 'Not merge' pens too.

Hope this would help.

Edwin.

Mark W <landd...@compuserve.com> wrote in message

Thomas Proppe

Jan 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/16/99
Just define color 254 to text entities then redirect pen 254 to color 255
for plotting.
AutoCad doesn't plot TrueType in 255.

Thomas Proppe

Mark W schrieb in Nachricht <01be400b$fec517a0$9cc1afce@mark>...