matchprop an unknown command

John G. Limbaugh

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
When picking (or typing) the matchprop button it says unknown command at
the command line, have reloaded menus (at the mnu level and mnc level)
but didn't work. Anybody have a clue on this one?

Thanks,

John Limbaugh

John Taylor

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
John:

That use to happen to me, too. It started happening after I loaded the R14
bonus tools (they weren't loaded with the original install). I worked
around it by reloading my menus in just the right order (acad.mnu first)
and could eventually get it to work. Unfortunately, I had to do this
everytime I opened a new drawing. So then I saved it to a user profile,
which was a little easier, but still just another workaround.

Then I got fed up and, on a whim, moved my acad.lsp (not acadr14.lsp) where
we had some office standard shortcuts and other lisp stuff autoloaded out
of the acad directories so it wasn't loading at all. For some reason my
menu started acting right after that. The only reason I can think of is
that some of our lisp defined command names were somehow getting Autocad
confused with its own command names. Apparently the ai_propchk is lisp
routine. As you can tell, I don't fully understand it, but at least it
fixed my problem.

Maybe,with the help of others in this NG, this will lead you to a fix for
your problem.

JT

John G. Limbaugh <jglim...@mactec.com> wrote in article
<3742E312...@mactec.com>...

Christal Elliott [Autodesk Support]

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
John - Match Properties is an external command (match.arx), installed
in the AutoCAD R14 folder.

Check n the Preferences command, Compatibility tab. Look for the
setting for 'Load ARX applications on demand'. If you have this set to
disable load on demand, or object detect, you have to load your ARX
applications before you can use them (with either the APPLOAD or ARX
command). The default setting is 'object detect and command invoke'
(recommended).

The other thing to check is whether this file was deleted or removed.
You could copy it from from the R14 CD insteaad of reinstalling, if
that was the case.

On Wed, 19 May 1999 09:13:06 -0700, "John G. Limbaugh"
<jglim...@mactec.com> wrote:

>When picking (or typing) the matchprop button it says unknown command at
>the command line, have reloaded menus (at the mnu level and mnc level)
>but didn't work. Anybody have a clue on this one?
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Limbaugh

Christal Elliott
//Autodesk Support on the Net//

Ron Baker

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
i hav eseen these to occur on machines where operators have modified the pgp
file or added in r13 menus, they were mainly heavily modifying the hot key
settings
John G. Limbaugh <jglim...@mactec.com> wrote in message