Calcomp 1025, turret missing, looking for specs

1 view

Tom Dijkstra

Jul 20, 2016, 8:44:06 PM7/20/16

I recently got an old Calcomp 1025 plotter, unfortunately the turret for the pens is missing. I am trying to 3D print an replacement but some properties are hard to guess. I'm not familiar with the machine, the only thing i could find is that the turret should have 8 pen holders.

I tried:
- 38 teeth gear in combination with 16 tabs for the bottom sensor.
- 36 teeth gear in combination with 16 tabs for the bottom sensor.

During turret initialization the turret turns 6 times (very short intervals in between). After this it returns either 'check turret' if the turret stopped with a tab between the sensor posts or a 'install turret' when the sensor is open.

Im confused by the six times it rotates; was there a version with six pens?

If you are -or know- an owner of an calcomp 1025 (or 1024, 1023) i would really like to know a few things;

- how many teeth are there on the bottom gear
- how many tabs are there (sensor)
- maximum numbers of pens in the turret

Pictures of side/top/bottom would be nice, some measurements would be even better :)

Regards Tom