Acad Install and Inno Setup

Kenny

Aug 4, 2003, 6:32:53 AM8/4/03
Has anyone had any experience with Acad Install and Inno Setup?
I'm battling with an "Acad Install Error" that keeps on popping up during
the installation process. My menu is loading correctly and my template file
path is configured fine, but I cannot seem to get the "Support Path" feature
to work.

Inno Setup Compiler 3.0.6 (b)
Acad Install 15.35
AutoCAD 2004
Win 2000

Laurie Comerford

Aug 4, 2003, 8:07:45 AM8/4/03
Hi Kenny,

It's not at all clear what your are trying to do.

Can you post your commented Inno Setup Script so we can analyse it for you.

--

Laurie Comerford
CADApps

"Kenny" <kenny....@namdeb.com> wrote in message

Kenny

Aug 4, 2003, 8:27:09 AM8/4/03
The problem seems to lie within the AcadInst.ini file which I have included
below :

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; ;

[PRODUCT]

Name=AfraLisp2004_Custom_Menu
RegPath=
License=
Silent=

[AUTOCAD]

Versions=R16.0
Products=
SerialNumbers=
AddPath=<InstallPath>:1;<InstallPath>\Cadlib2k:2;<InstallPath>\Cadlisp2k:3;
Silent=

[AUTOCAD LT]

Versions=
Products=
SerialNumbers=
AddPath=
Silent=

[ARX]

Install=
Uninstall=
Description=
LoadCtrls=
Loader=
Groups=
Commands=

[ARX2]

Install=
Uninstall=
Description=
LoadCtrls=
Loader=
Groups=
Commands=

[MENU]

MenuGroups=AFRALISP:AFRALISP:1:50

[APPLOAD]

[ACADDOC]

[STARTAPP]

[NEWPROFILE]
Name=AfraLisp
Description=AfraLisp 2002 Menu Profile.
CopyFrom=<CURRENT>
MakeDefault=T
DesktopShortcut=T
QuickLaunchButton=T

[<PROFILE>General]

TemplatePath=<STRING><InstallPath>\Templates

==================

This is the corresponding "iss" file :

; Script generated by the Inno Setup Script Wizard.
; SEE THE DOCUMENTATION FOR DETAILS ON CREATING INNO SETUP SCRIPT FILES!

[Setup]
AppName=AfraLisp 2004 Custom Menu
AppVerName=AfraLisp 2004 Custom Menu - Version 1.1
AppPublisher=AfraLisp
AppPublisherURL=http://www.afralisp.com
AppSupportURL=http://www.afralisp.com
AppUpdatesURL=http://www.afralisp.com
DefaultDirName={pf}\AfraLisp 2004 Custom Menu
DisableDirPage=yes
DefaultGroupName=AfraLisp 2004 Custom Menu
DisableProgramGroupPage=yes
LicenseFile=C:\afralisp2002_Install\license.txt
InfoBeforeFile=C:\afralisp2002_Install\readme.txt
InfoAfterFile=C:\afralisp2002_Install\install.txt

[Files]
Source: "C:\afralisp2002_Install\AcadInst.exe"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags:
ignoreversion
Source: "C:\afralisp2002_Install\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags:
ignoreversion
Source: "C:\afralisp2002_Install\Cadlib2k\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\Cadlib2k";
Flags: ignoreversion
Source: "C:\afralisp2002_Install\Cadlisp2k\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\Cadlisp2k";
Flags: ignoreversion
Source: "C:\afralisp2002_Install\Templates\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\Templates";
Flags: ignoreversion
Source: "C:\afralisp2002_Install\AcadInst.exe"; DestDir: "{app}"
; NOTE: Don't use "Flags: ignoreversion" on any shared system files

[INI]
Filename: "{app}\AcadInst.url"; Section: "InternetShortcut"; Key: "URL";
String: "http://www.afralisp.com"

[Icons]
Name: "{group}\AfraLisp 2004 Custom Menu"; Filename: "{app}\AcadInst.exe"
Name: "{group}\AfraLisp 2004 Custom Menu on the Web"; Filename:
"{app}\AcadInst.url"
Name: "{group}\Uninstall AfraLisp 2004 Custom Menu"; Filename:
"{uninstallexe}"

[Run]
Filename: "{app}\AcadInst.exe"; Description: "Launch AfraLisp 2004 Custom
Menu"; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent

[UninstallDelete]
Type: files; Name: "{app}\AcadInst.url"

[UninstallRun]
Filename: "{app}\AcadInst.exe"; Parameters: -U

Albert Giuliano

Aug 4, 2003, 9:36:21 AM8/4/03

Are you using the latest version? if so then see below;

Change the : to | (pipe symbol) ie

"AddPath=<InstallPath>|1;<InstallPath>\Cadlib2k|2;<InstallPath>\Cadlisp2k|3;

in the Help file:
a.. Corrected incorrect use of colon in AddPath= key as delimiter between
PATH:POSTION to be PATH|POSITION instead.

Also You may find IStool to be a little friendlier then plain Inno Setup, it
a GUI that runs ontop Inno Setup - and it's free
http://www.istool.org/

HTH

"Kenny" <kenny....@namdeb.com> wrote in message

Byron Blattel

Aug 4, 2003, 10:37:16 AM8/4/03
Albert Giuliano wrote:
> Are you using the latest version? if so then see below;
>
> Change the : to | (pipe symbol) ie
> "AddPath=<InstallPath>|1;<InstallPath>\Cadlib2k|2;<InstallPath>\Cadlisp2k|3;
>
> in the Help file:
> a.. Corrected incorrect use of colon in AddPath= key as delimiter between
> PATH:POSTION to be PATH|POSITION instead.

Good catch Albert :)

Also, if you don't intend to install to LT you need to use some value for
Versions= that doesn't make any sense. I normally use NONE.

Kenny, was that the specific error you got ("Acad Install Error")? Was this
text in the title bar of the message box or in the body? Does it occur before
the dialog comes up or when you hit OK?

--

----+----------------------------------------------
| Byron Blattel
| CADwerx---Applications for AutoCAD
| Autodesk Registered Developer
| email: by...@cadwerx.net
| web site: http://www.cadwerx.net

Kenny

Aug 4, 2003, 11:05:01 AM8/4/03
> Kenny, was that the specific error you got ("Acad Install Error")? Was
this
> text in the title bar of the message box or in the body? Does it occur
before
> the dialog comes up or when you hit OK?

I added the pipes ( | ) and the NONE but still get errors.
The error occurs just after selecting the profile selection box.
A message box pops up with the following :
"AcadInst.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows."

Byron Blattel

Aug 4, 2003, 11:07:45 AM8/4/03
Kenny wrote:

> I added the pipes ( | ) and the NONE but still get errors.
> The error occurs just after selecting the profile selection box.
> A message box pops up with the following :
> "AcadInst.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows."

I'm still unclear as to when the crash happens.

It crashes when you select a profile in the list box?

Byron Blattel

Aug 4, 2003, 11:22:56 AM8/4/03
Kenny wrote:
>>>The error occurs just after selecting the profile selection box.
>>

> Just after selecting OK.

Does it crash if you don't use the DesktopShortcut= and/or QuickLaunchButton=
keys? Try removing each one and then both. They both run through the same
code, if they both crash then the problem is in the common code.

What OS are you testing on?

Kenny

Aug 4, 2003, 11:15:49 AM8/4/03
> > The error occurs just after selecting the profile selection box.

Just after selecting OK.

"Byron Blattel" <byronatcadwerxdotnet> wrote in message

Kenny

Aug 5, 2003, 5:23:26 AM8/5/03
Okey doke. I removed the contents of AddPath from the AcadInst.ini e.g.

AddPath=<InstallPath>|1;<InstallPath>\Cadlib2k|2;<InstallPath>\Cadlisp2k|3;

became simply :

AddPath=

Installation now works perfect.

Ideas anyone??

> Sorry for the delay, but I'm on GMT and so am about 8 hours out of phase
> from the U S of A.
> I tried everything that was suggested and still get the error and no
support
> paths set up.
> Mmm, let me try and remove the support path setup and see what happens.
>
> Ohh, OS - Win 2000

Kenny

Byron Blattel

Aug 5, 2003, 9:41:39 AM8/5/03
Kenny wrote:
> Okey doke. I removed the contents of AddPath from the AcadInst.ini e.g.
>
> AddPath=<InstallPath>|1;<InstallPath>\Cadlib2k|2;<InstallPath>\Cadlisp2k|3;
>
> became simply :
>
> AddPath=
>
> Installation now works perfect.
>
> Ideas anyone??

Try removing the ending semi-colon.

Byron Blattel

Aug 5, 2003, 10:38:40 AM8/5/03
Kenny wrote:
>>Try removing the ending semi-colon.
>

> Success!!!!!!
> Do you know that sometimes I feel like giving myself a kick up the backside
> for missing something so obvious. A BIG thanks to everyone for your patience
> and quick responses.
> I owe you all. Watch this space.........

I'll get it fixed in the next update, it shouldn't be that finicky (and it
certainly shouldn't crash).

I'll also be adding foreign language support for the small number of strings
used by the program.

Kenny

Aug 5, 2003, 10:39:18 AM8/5/03
> Try removing the ending semi-colon.

Success!!!!!!

alon...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2015, 5:34:27 PM4/2/15
Do acadinstall still exist? Does it work for acad 2014 2015 ?
Thanks