dictremove the only way to delete a dictionary?

Mike Hutchinson

Jun 9, 2003, 2:16:41 PM6/9/03
If I add my own dictionary for my application is
dictremove the only way to delete my dictionary.

is it possible to somehow link an xrecord to a graphic entity such that
if the entity gets deleted
the xrecord goes away as well? or does my application have to do the
deletion?

Herman Mayfarth

Jun 9, 2003, 6:41:19 PM6/9/03
In article <3EE4CF09...@bbsae.com>, Mike Hutchinson wrote:
> is it possible to somehow link an xrecord to a graphic entity such that
> if the entity gets deleted
> the xrecord goes away as well?

Yes.
Create an extension dictionary for the entity itself, and add the xrecord
to the extension dictionary.

If you call:

(vla-getextensiondictionary(vlax-ename->vla-object ename)))

on an entity without an extension dictionary, this will create one.

After that, add your xrecord just as you would add it to the named object
dictionary or a dictionary which is owned by the NOD.

> If I add my own dictionary for my application is
> dictremove the only way to delete my dictionary.

Have you tried (entdel)?

Also, dictionary objects have a "delete" method, so you should be able to
do it via Active X, though I haven't tried it.

cadfile...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2016, 11:55:03 AM4/9/16