Parameterising an Autocad drawing

Yash Ganthe

Aug 9, 2010, 7:08:38 AM8/9/10

I have never used AutoCAD and will be employing an AutoCAD designer to
work on my project. He will be creating the drawings. My project is a
desktop-based application that will accept the specifications such as
height, width etc of various components and pass it to AutoCAD such
that AutoCAD replaces the specs from the pre-designed drawing and
generates a new drawing with the provided values.

Is it possible to export a drawing to a file to which parameters can
be passed externally from a Windows application or from an external
text/xml file?

Thanks,
Yash

JPiercey

Aug 10, 2010, 9:41:28 AM8/10/10
You can create a DXF file (plain text) from an AutoCAD DWG file.