Autocontrol doesn't work on my remote desktop (Parsec)

Val

Jun 26, 2024, 4:26:05 PMJun 26
to AutoControl
I am using Autocontrol on my Windows 10. This is a host machine because I also use a remote desktop (Parsec) to connect to my Windows 11 PC at home when I'm away.
Now, on the host machine, Autocontrol works correctly, but on my remote desktop (Parsec), Autocontrol doesn't work unless I close the browser on my host machine.
I can't find out what the problem is.
Any ideas?

AutoControl support

Jun 26, 2024, 9:16:29 PMJun 26
to AutoControl
Please try disabling all your AutoControl actions in your host machine, but keep AutoControl enabled and the browser open.
Does AutoControl work on the remote machine now?

Val

Jun 27, 2024, 12:07:51 PMJun 27
to AutoControl

Thank you very much for your suggestion. By disabling all AutoControl actions on my host machine but keeping AutoControl enabled and the browser open, AutoControl now works on the remote machine. However, I need AutoControl to work simultaneously on both the host machine and the remote desktop.

AutoControl support

Jun 27, 2024, 12:23:29 PMJun 27
to AutoControl

However, I need AutoControl to work simultaneously on both the host machine and the remote desktop.

Of course. This is only a test to understand what's happening.
The next thing to find out is which of your actions is causing the problem. To do that, please enable your actions one by one and check each time if the problem appears again. This will let you pinpoint the culprit.
Please reply with your findings.

Val

Jun 27, 2024, 2:35:26 PMJun 27
to AutoControl

Thank you for your guidance. I believe I have identified the action causing the problem. I am attaching an image of the action. I use it both on the host machine and the remote desktop. If I enable it on the host machine, the actions on the remote desktop do not work. If I disable it, the actions on the remote desktop start working again.

How can I resolve this?

Image.JPG

AutoControl support

Jun 27, 2024, 4:19:10 PMJun 27
to AutoControl
The problem is the "Browser state" condition on that trigger, which forces AutoControl to detect mouse gestures at all times (even when the browser is not the focused program). Therefore, Parsec will not detect the mouse gesture.
One possible solution is to reduce the "Timeout" option found in "Options > Mouse Gestures". If you set that to, let's say, 0.4 seconds, then you can hold the right mouse button for more than 0.4 seconds to relay the event to the hovered window (Parsec in your case). This will allow you to do mouse gestures inside Parsec that are detectable by AutoControl on the remote machine.

Another workaround would be to set the "Perform with" option to "Other", as shown below. Then you can define a special trigger to begin and end mouse gestures. Using the example in the screenshot, you will be able to hold down CTRL to prevent AutoControl from detecting gestures; i.e Parsec will detect the gesture if CTRL is being held down.
image.png

Val

Jun 27, 2024, 4:40:45 PMJun 27
to AutoControl

At the moment, I have removed the "Browser state" condition, and the problem seems to be resolved. However, I will still experiment with the proposed solutions. Additionally, I will look into alternative ways to simulate the "Show Desktop" function in Windows.

Thank you again for your great support.