Tab Groups in Chrome

Paul Sinclair

Jun 26, 2024, 1:00:07 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to AutoControl
Thanks for this great Extension.

Is there any plan to provide support for Tab Groups in Chrome.  For example an action to add the hovered tab to a specific Tab Group?

AutoControl support

Jun 26, 2024, 1:38:36 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to AutoControl
You can use the GROUP TABS action (found in the "Tab actions" section).
image.png

Spencer Coffin

Jun 26, 2024, 4:47:20 PM (9 days ago) Jun 26
to AutoControl
Is it possible to sort and group tabs in tab-strip groups? I have a barely functional action shortcut with unchained actions slicing the groups made by the tab select grouper, but to slice the grouping means I need to have one action for every possible slice, and it looks cumbersome.

AutoControl support

Jun 27, 2024, 2:59:00 AM (9 days ago) Jun 27
to AutoControl
Is it possible to sort and group tabs in tab-strip groups?

The "GROUP TABS" action doesn't take into account the possible groups that may exist in the "target tabs" specified in the "Apply to" field.
In contrast, the "MOVE TABS" action does take into account those groups when creating a new window (it will create a separate window for each group in the target tabs).

So, in order to do what you need, the "GROUP TABS" action must be improved to behave analogous to the "MOVE TABS" action. i.e. a new tabstrip group should be created for each group in the target tabs.
This is indeed a useful feature to have. Thanks for suggesting. It will be added in the coming weeks.