Exiting fullscreen causes window resize

bidee bidee

Nov 16, 2022, 3:44:12 PM11/16/22
to AutoControl
If I activate fullscreen using AC's fullscreen command and then exit fullscreen it causes Chrome browser window to resize.  If I activate fullscreen using F11 key and then exit this doesn't happen. Any idea why?

Also how do I use a mouse gesture to execute a keyboard command?

bidee bidee

Nov 16, 2022, 3:51:51 PM11/16/22
to AutoControl
nvm my second question I figured out how to do a keyboard command with mouse gestures

autocontro...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2022, 6:10:55 PM11/16/22
to AutoControl
How much does it resize approximately?
Does it change position as well? by how much?

bidee bidee

Nov 18, 2022, 9:54:48 AM11/18/22
to AutoControl
It works exactly the same as if I clicked the Restore Down icon in the upper right. In fact if I move the resized window to a different location, then maximize it, then do the fullscreen command and exit, it follows the same window position. So it's like exiting is clicking the Restore Down.

AutoControl support

Nov 18, 2022, 8:32:30 PM11/18/22
to AutoControl
When an extension (such as AutoControl) switches a window to fullscreen, Chrome doesn't remember what the previous state of the window was. So if you exit fullscreen mode with F11 (or any other method provided by the browser), it will set the window to "normal" state (i.e. not maximized).

AutoControl, on the other hand, does remember what the previous state of the window was, so you can solve the issue with this:
image.png

bidee bidee

Nov 18, 2022, 9:09:36 PM11/18/22
to AutoControl
I actually found a workaround by using Synthesize Input for the F11 key. That's why I was asking how to use a mouse gesture to simulate a keyboard command. I tried the toggle fullscreen command and it works but doesn't look as good (literally) as synthesizing F11 key. It's more jittery when it transitions in and out of fullscreen. So I'll stick with synthesize input.

Thanks for the help I'm glad we could solve the issue!

Bharath Kumar

Jun 29, 2024, 7:17:10 PM (6 days ago) Jun 29
to AutoControl
Wow! I am now able to use mouse gestures for executing keyboard shortcuts!

Trigger: Provide a preferred mouse gesture
Action: Select Advanced Actions -> Other -> Synthesize Input -> Preferred Keyboard Shortcut!

Thanks for this tip!