Android client and Tornado chat server subscribe

osman çetin

Nov 13, 2014, 6:18:28 AM11/13/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
First of all thank you for everything. autobahn is wonderful
I wanna use android part. We have a tornado chat server and I develop an android application. I connected Tornado but it receive everything. normally two people chat together. Actually I solve this problem but it is very simple method and useless. I need to subscribe server, server don't send another messages.
Best Regards

chat.py

Tobias Oberstein

Nov 19, 2014, 3:44:31 PM11/19/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what your problem/question is ..

AutobahnPython runs on Twisted or asyncio, not (currently) on top of
Tornado.

Tornado has a WebSocket implementation (as AutobahnPython), but as far
as I know there is no WAMP implementation that runs on Tornado.

Cheers,
/Tobias

> Best Regards
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/6af11585-4a24-47b1-9d5e-9b8fc95c2413%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/6af11585-4a24-47b1-9d5e-9b8fc95c2413%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

osman çetin

Nov 24, 2014, 10:26:21 AM11/24/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for answer;
Sorry my language.I want to create private room for A and B users. They are talking in the private room very well.But I want to that when the another user C enter the server ,other users don't see what c is writing? I mean that if c and b set up the private room c and b are talking between themselves.

Am 13.11.2014 12:18, schrieb osman çetin:
First of all thank you for everything. autobahn is wonderful
I wanna use android part. We have a tornado chat server and I develop an
android application. I connected Tornado but it receive everything.
normally two people chat together. Actually I solve this problem but it
is very simple method and useless. I need to subscribe server, server
don't send another messages.

Not sure what your problem/question is ..

AutobahnPython runs on Twisted or asyncio, not (currently) on top of Tornado.

Tornado has a WebSocket implementation (as AutobahnPython), but as far as I know there is no WAMP implementation that runs on Tornado.

Cheers,
/Tobias

Best Regards

redabo...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2014, 8:04:47 PM11/24/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Your best bet is probably to have a data structure that starts with a collection of rooms. Each room is a an array of sessionID's that are connected to the room.
When somebody broadcasts into the room, a publish is sent with an {eligible: room[listofmembersessionid's]] as a param. That way, only the members of the room will receive the message.

On Monday, 24 November 2014 15:26:21 UTC, osman çetin wrote:
[...]

Samah Awad

Dec 28, 2015, 11:34:32 AM12/28/15
to Autobahn
Hello, i'm interested to know how building Client side (android as client)

Alexander Gödde

Jan 13, 2016, 7:14:41 AM1/13/16
to Autobahn
Hi Samah!

First of all sorry for the late reply!

For an Android client which works with WAMP v2 take a look at https://github.com/Vinelab/Android-wamp-client (AutobahnAndroid is stuck at WAMP v1).

Regards,

Alex

Tobias Oberstein

Jan 13, 2016, 4:13:56 PM1/13/16
to autob...@googlegroups.com
There is no Tornado WAMP router, not WAMP1 and not WAMP2.

If you want to use AutobahnAndroid at the raw WebSocket level: that
works. Only restriction: TLS (wss = secure WebSocket) isn't there.
Another issue with AutobahnAndroid currently - we need to fix that too
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/1fa25760-2055-4808-8841-a10d65f167d3%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/1fa25760-2055-4808-8841-a10d65f167d3%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Samah Awad

Jan 14, 2016, 4:37:35 AM1/14/16
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hello , it is OK
My graduation project is "Home Automation Project"
yesterday i finished my seminar-1 it is an "introduction graduation project"

Thanks