Franca with Common API server

siddhartha v

Jan 16, 2019, 1:54:15 AM1/16/19
to Autobahn
hi,

      I started working with franca IDL. Am trying to work on franca with HTML5 here the common API C++ wamp is used as the server which needs Autobahn.
 But I am not getting how to start with the implementation can I get any example codes and proceedure how does it works please.

Thanks,
Siddhartha V

Tobias Oberstein

Jan 25, 2019, 3:30:52 AM1/25/19
to autob...@googlegroups.com, siddhartha v

Hi,

you can find some examples here: https://github.com/crossbario/autobahn-cpp/tree/master/examples

please note: getting a complete build system ready is non-trivial as this is a c++ code base using the "latest c++ features" + boost. read: expect some pain;)

Cheers,

/Tobias

Tobias Oberstein

Jan 25, 2019, 4:26:37 AM1/25/19
to autob...@googlegroups.com, siddhartha v

Hi,

if you haven't done any coding before, in particular not any c++, tbh my advice would be to stay away from c++/autobahn-cpp ;) this stuff isn't "for beginners".

do you _have_ to use c++? why? more info would be helpful to give advice

---

that being said: from WAMPs perspective, it doesn't matter what language you use:

a WAMP component written in any language can talk to another WAMP component written in any other supported language

https://wamp-proto.org/implementations.html#libraries

eg you could use JavaScript + NodeJS + AutobahnJS (or Python + asyncio + AutobahnPython)

Cheers,

/Tobias

PS:

"I am not getting how to generate the sever side binding codes"

there is nothing to generate in AutobahnC++ - it is all C++ template based code

for example, with RPC, there are 2 peers involved:

- one _provides_ (registers) are procedure

- the other _uses_ (calls) that procedure

https://github.com/crossbario/autobahn-cpp/blob/master/examples/callee_new.cpp

https://github.com/crossbario/autobahn-cpp/blob/master/examples/caller.cpp

Am 25.01.19 um 10:04 schrieb siddhartha v:
hi sir,

 I have already gone through this example actually. I am really new to this actually i am doing this work as the part of my masters project and I am not exposed to coding till now. I am ready code the application but the actual issue am facing is I am not getting how to start the work itself , I am not getting how to generate the sever side binding codes.

Please guide me with your valuable inputs and suggestions how to proceed in this please.
--
Thanks and Regards.
Siddhartha V.