Autobahn-Java on Android Connection Timeout

Jurjen

Aug 14, 2018, 5:00:15 AM8/14/18
to Autobahn

When we try to set up a WAMP connection between Android Java (using autobahn-java) and the Nexus router, we receive the following output from the router:

2018/08/13 10:23:54 Error attaching to router: did not receive HELLO: timeout waiting for message

In the Android console:

W/art: Method processed more than once: boolean io.crossbar.autobahn.websocket.WebSocketReader.processHandshake()
/System.err: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.lang.String.hashCode()' on a null object reference
                  at io
.crossbar.autobahn.wamp.transports.AndroidWebSocket.initializeSerializer(AndroidWebSocket.java:160)
/System.err:     at io.crossbar.autobahn.wamp.transports.AndroidWebSocket.access$100(AndroidWebSocket.java:32)
                  at io
.crossbar.autobahn.wamp.transports.AndroidWebSocket$1.onConnect(AndroidWebSocket.java:86)
                  at io
.crossbar.autobahn.websocket.WebSocketConnection$2.handleMessage(WebSocketConnection.java:648)
/System.err:     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
                  at android
.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
                  at android
.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5509)
/System.err:     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
                  at com
.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:772)
                  at com
.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:662)

We received the error message of 'timeout waiting for message' after 5 seconds when the Android application tries to connect to the router. When we use the Crossbar router, we get a successful connection between the session and the router. Could you guys have a look at this issue? We are also using autobahn-python in combination with the Nexus router, and that one works great.

Initially, I started an issue on the Nexus router side, for side reference: gammazero/nexus#143 has been moved to gammazero/nexus#146