4.02 released

Giovanni Cardone

Jun 21, 2012, 7:21:40 PM6/21/12
to auto...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of AUTO3DEM 4.02.
In addition to improvements in stability and portability, some
interfaces have changed and new features are provided:
- in the effort to provide better access to the software, there is a new
program to convert micrographs from dm3 to pif format, dm32pif, and the
program mrc2pif has been improved to work under more general conditions.
Both conversions can now be done in batch mode through autopp;
- all the different search modes available in the refinement program POR
can now be controlled through the auto3dem parameter file. The search
modes are:
current solution;
-- global: global search followed by local refinement;
-- mag: magnification refinement;
-- ticos_equiv: comparison of the 60 equivalent orientations to a
reference map with asymmetric features.

You can look at the modification history for a more extensive
description of what is new.
The documentation of auto3dem has been updated to reflect these changes.
On the other side, the documentation of the single programs is to be
considered obsolete.

Best,
Giovanni

--
Giovanni Cardone
Baker's Laboratory

dawnsong

Jun 22, 2012, 7:36:30 AM6/22/12
to auto...@googlegroups.com
Good news, I would try the new version, thanks for your work!

Xiaowei
--
Xiao-Wei Song
Ping Zhu's Lab,  National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules