Convert XMIPP map to PIF

Dani Badia

Jun 3, 2012, 1:19:40 PM6/3/12
to Auto3DEM
Dear all

I have a good map calculated in XMIPP that I want to use as a initial
map for Auto3DEM. I did the padding with spider to suit the
requirement for odd values in the edges and I saved the map as MRC in
chimera.
I've been trying to convert the MRC map to a readable PIF map without
success.
The use of mrc2pif or bconvert gives PIF maps of auto3dem unreadable
modes 9 or 46...

Is there any way to transform the map in a mode 20 or 40 pif?

Thanks in advance
Dani

Giovanni Cardone

Jun 4, 2012, 2:13:00 AM6/4/12
to auto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dani,

I assume that the data in the map generated by Chimera in mrc are in float format. In this case you need to transform them in short integer format. When using bconvert you can specify the conversion (-data short), while in mrc2pif this is done automatically, but only if you specify that the input data are 3D.

Giovanni