how to run auto3dem in unbiased model

Michael Kwan

Oct 20, 2014, 3:26:50 PM10/20/14
to auto...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
It seems the default runing protocol on the website is in traditional model. How to run auto3dem in unbias model, I mean the protocol? From beginning, dividing the whole dataset into two, and do the ppft search, po2r, p3dr, pcut, and psf separately, and then combine all particles to generate 3d map.
Thanks,
Jian

Giovanni Cardone

Oct 20, 2014, 3:56:35 PM10/20/14
to auto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

if by 'unbiased model' you mean what is recently defined as 'gold standard' protocol, this is not yet implemented in Auto3DEM, or at least it can not be performed in a transparent manner. It will be available in the next release, but it will not be before one month.
At the moment you can only do it manually, by splitting either the stack files or the parameter (.dat) files. Then you run the program twice, on the each set of particles, for the number of iterations needed to achieve convergence. Finally, you need to assess the resolution by comparing the two maps, and combine them to get the final result. The tedious operations are splitting and combining the data, since no tools are currently provided within the software package.

If you want to try and need some help, you can contact me directly.

Thanks,
Giovanni
--

---