combine dataset

Michael Kwan

Jul 24, 2014, 9:28:51 AM7/24/14
to auto...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Can I combine two datasets (dm3 images) with different pixel sizes together to improve the resolution? How? Can I change the pixel size for one dataset to make them the same?
Thanks,
Michael Kwan

David Gene Morgan

Jul 24, 2014, 10:18:21 AM7/24/14
to auto...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You don't need to change the pixel size of anything, you simply combine
all the alignment data files (*.dat_NNN) and run auto3dem. The last
time I tried, this, there were minor issues with the order in which the
data files were listed. I don't remember off the top of my head the
exact solution, but I think you needed to start the file list with the
smallest pixel size files listed first. It may have been that I needed
to start with the largest pixels first, but I _think_ it was the smallest.
--
David Gene Morgan
Electron Microscopy Center

Giovanni Cardone

Jul 24, 2014, 2:03:42 PM7/24/14
to auto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

as David already pointed out, it is theoretically possible to work with
multiple datasets having different pixel size. However, since this
option has not been used in a while, not a lot of efforts have been put
to make it 'robust'.
In addition to David's observation that the first parameter file need to
be one with the smallest pixel size, also the reference map has some
constraints: specifically, the 3D model should have the smallest pixel
size and largest box size compared with the boxed particles.
If you want to try it and experience some problems, just let me know.

I hope it helps,
Giovanni

Gavin Murphy

Jul 24, 2014, 8:18:53 PM7/24/14
to auto...@googlegroups.com
Hi
If that doesn't work one can easily change true pixel values with Bsoft's bint -scale #
Gavin
Sent from my iPhone