[Feature Request] Add "execute only once" Option for Actions

Peter

Apr 23, 2024, 4:03:26 PMApr 23
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill
Hello, I'm dealing with a short chain of actions which is working fine so far, but
since a specific action of the chain will make the website reloads itself automatically,
that will trigger the whole action chain once again, which will mean I had to add and extra action to deal with the unexpected result. So, is there a way of making all or just specific actions get executed only once per actions' chain? That way, the specific action that is currently triggering the page's auto refresh won't make that the events' chain starts all over again. An example of the actions' chain behavior:

1- Press button "Yes".
2- Press button "Add"
3- Press button "Test"
4- Press button "OK"
5- Press button "Close"
6- Press button "Exit"

In that example, the step "6" is what's triggering the page's refresh, which
makes the actions' chain starts again from step 1.

Thanks.

Dhruv TechApps

Apr 23, 2024, 10:45:16 PMApr 23
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill
Usually extension start with page and it gets fresh context once the page is reloaded. It dont have information of it previously executed . If there is anything on page which can help extension to find if it has already executed we can added condition over there.

Peter

Apr 24, 2024, 12:35:14 AMApr 24
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill
I can't avoid the page reloads itself after that step, since the refresh will bring
an expected result, which will be shown on the page. Unfortunately, that means
it will need to reload, and consequently, the "Auto Clicker" extension interpreting
that as a manual (F5) refresh, or that a new tab/window was loaded, and start
the actions' chain again. The only workaround I thought off so far, is enabling
"manual" execution of the extension, but that will make task's automation not that
convenient and useful.

In case there is an action which implies that a page needs to refresh itself
to load new data/results, making the whole action's chain, or just a specific
action from it get executed only once per run, will mean no interruptions to
the actions' chain execution.

Peter

Apr 24, 2024, 12:43:37 AMApr 24
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill
In case implementing the "execute only once" feature couldn't be possible,
maybe a workaround that makes the extension omits pages' reloads
while an action's chain is being executed, will be enough.

Dhruv TechApps

Apr 24, 2024, 1:43:26 AMApr 24
to Peter, Auto Clicker - AutoFill
It works like a page is loaded, and after that, a fresh extension content  is loaded with it. Extension checks if it need to execute for that particular URL and perform the actions. we don’t maintain the status of execution anywhere in the extension to figure out did the extension executed previously or not? If any reason the page get refreshes extension content is loaded in it again. From a user point of view, we know that actions are performed, but extension don’t have information of same. Still we can inform the extension if there is any change in the URL or any place in the webpage gets updated that the form is submitted , in this case, we can add a condition in extension that to perform only if that specific text is not in webpage or the URL

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Apr 2024, at 10:13 AM, Peter <peterqu...@gmail.com> wrote:

In case implementing the "execute only once" feature couldn't be possible,

Peter

Apr 24, 2024, 3:00:59 AMApr 24
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill
I see, well, I will try with that "addon" option and conditions you mentioned. The URL will
remain the same, so I might have to look in the refreshed page's content, in order to see if
I can use something as a condition to one of the last actions in the chain. Thanks.

Peter

Apr 24, 2024, 8:09:43 PMApr 24
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill
OK, I finally was able to add one condition to an actions' chain and it works as expected;  the thing is,
I have created a second config, which shares the same "URL" and it works fine too, but when I enable both
of them, just the first one will work. I know this is a "by design" limitation, but wouldn't it be possible to make
the extension executes all the actions, according to a given order, even if when they share the same "URL"?
In that case, I would have all the needed steps/actions already working, since it would only take adding
a few seconds of delay to the second config, in order it works fine right after the first one.

So far, the only solution I could think off is combining both actions, but that's quite difficult to do actually,
since the condition I have set in the first config, would override the condition of the second config. And by
the way, I don't see anywhere the "IF/THEN" options when using the "addon" conditions. I'm using "stable"
releases, but also tried the "DEV" one.

Thanks.

Peter

Apr 24, 2024, 8:11:47 PMApr 24
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill

Peter

Apr 25, 2024, 12:05:27 AMApr 25
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill
I already tried something that will make the two configs work well, even without setting a delay time for one of them,
and it is by using the full URL for one of the configs, like this:

config 1:

config 2:

By just using the full URL of the second config address, both actions will work OK, but the thing is,
that last numeric part is a variable value, which will change after each request. So, I thought about using regex for it,
but the one I tried didn't work:

^https:\/\/localizatcion\.test\.com\/xyz\/groups\/extras\/personalapp\/greenland_list\.php\?homesection=ab_master_dir&ht_menu_secs=\d\d\d\d\d\d\d\d\d\d\d$

and also:

^https:\/\/localizatcion\.test\.com\/xyz\/groups\/extras\/personalapp\/greenland_list\.php\?homesection=ab_master_dir&ht_menu_secs=.*$

Provided there is a working regex for the second address, I think it would be a quick solution.

Dhruv TechApps

Apr 25, 2024, 1:28:11 AMApr 25
to Peter, Auto Clicker - AutoFill
Try using the second config url till  https://localization.test.com.xyz/groups/extras/personalapp/greenland_list.php?homesection=ab_master_dir&ht_menu_secs= without number

Thanks and Regards,
Dhruv Techapps

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Auto Clicker - AutoFill" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/auto-clicker-autofill/b73f9808-eeb3-4eeb-ad1f-1bf0a6bacce7n%40googlegroups.com.
Message has been deleted

Dhruv TechApps

Apr 27, 2024, 11:35:35 PMApr 27
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill
Check this out partial url without number matches.
Screenshot 2024-04-28 090500.png
Untitled.png

Peter

Apr 28, 2024, 11:30:18 PMApr 28
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill
I see, you are right, but as I said in one of my previous comments, after enabling the two
actions which are partially sharing the same URLs, just the first one in the list will work;
and that will simply break the action's chain for me. And without being allowed to use
the "conditions" feature as expected (to combine both actions, already said before as well),
I'm simply stuck with the problem, till you lift up the restrictions, or fix it somehow.

Thanks anyway.

Dhruv TechApps

May 2, 2024, 11:38:53 PMMay 2
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill
Can you share your configuration . I would like to see If I could do anything. or we could connect over call also.

Peter

May 3, 2024, 7:36:17 PMMay 3
to Auto Clicker - AutoFill
It's alright, I already managed to fix it using another approach.

Thanks.