A Tip on Fall Visits!

Authors Booking Service

May 2, 2011, 9:33:22 AM5/2/11
to authors...@googlegroups.com

What an exciting month May is going to be!

Author events galore with TD’s Canadian Children’s Book Week, and then the Forest of Trees in Toronto the very next week!  We send best wishes to all of our authors who are participating in these, and other, events this month.

_______________________________

Book Draw Results

Thanks to all those who entered last week’s anniversary quiz!  (Authors’ Booking Service has now been operating for five years.  Marsha Skrypuch and Valerie Sherrard are the authors who bring this service to schools and libraries across Ontario.)

The three randomly selected winners in our quiz draw were: Laura Hill, Arlene Bonsma and Vicki Galbraith!

Other Book Winners!

SURPRISE!  We DOUBLED our normal number of book draws for the month of April – and we’ll be doing it again for May!  Here are the April winners, who select a title of their choice from a list of autographed books from our members:  Sara-Jane Figliano, Ellen Murray, Anna E. Gallo-Cacoilo, Lisa Whiting Ward, Susan Hoffman, Caroline Gorven,  Brenda Roberts, Catherine Norton, Christine Labelle, Debora Attack, Nadine Moroz, Jennifer Kerr, Brenda Leupolt, Crystal Fair, Mary Regner, Sandra Lee, Jessica Patrick, Annette Vermeer, Thanusa Sribalan and Stephanie Watson-Fischer.

Each session booked through Authors' Booking Service automatically earns you one ballot in our monthly draws. Some of you may be contacting authors directly, thinking this will save time or money. Neither is true - we pride ourselves on speedy responses, and there is no difference in an author's fee whether booked directly or through this service. Remember, if we don't know about your booking, your name will not be in the draws for free books.

If you'd like to see a full list of available books, check out the posting titled "Books for our Draws!" on our blog at:
http://authorsbooking.blogspot.com
______________________________________

NEWS:

Allan Stratton’s Borderline has just been shortlisted for the Best Juvenile/YA Crime Book in the 2011 Arthur Ellis Awards!

_____________________________________

A Few Words from ERIN BOW (Author of Plain Kate)

It's true: I'm the poet who studied particle physics.  I got a degree or two and worked at CERN for a while before ditching it for a lucrative career writing poetry and this novel with a cat in it.   My dad thought I was going to starve under a bridge.  Then I sold my first YA for six figures.  Now Dad thinks I'll merely have to retire under a bridge.

_________________________________

Meet The Author: LIAM O’DONNELL

When Liam was 12 years old, two things ruled his life: skateboarding and video games. Now, nearly three decades later, not much has changed. The skateboard has long since been retired, but he still spends far too much time mashing buttons in a variety of massively multiplayer online games. For his graphic novel, Ramp Rats, Liam tapped into his skater skills to create a fast-paced adventure packed with step-by-step skateboard tips that readers can try out for themselves.

_________________________________

WRAP UP YOUR SCHOOL YEAR WITH AN AUTHOR EVENT!

Celia Godkin is available in the GTA from May 24 - 26.

Tololwa Mollel is available in the GTA from May 25 - 30.

Frieda Wishinsky is available for 1 - 2 sessions in Oakville on June 6.

__________________________________

Coming this FALL

Susin Nielsen will be visiting the Oakville-Burlington corridor, as well as the Barrie area the week of October 24.  Time slots are going fast so book now to avoid disappointment.

Linda Bailey will be visiting Ontario this November – dates and locations to be determined.  Please drop us a line if you’d like to be added to Linda’s waiting list.

___________________________________

Tours for the 2011 – 2012 School Year:

Is the author you would like to book on our list but living in another province?  Let us know you’re interested and we’ll put you on that person’s waiting list and let you know when he or she will be visiting Ontario.  (There is, of course, no obligation to book.)

A list of our regular members can be seen here:

http://www.authorsbooking.com/2043/index.html

Contact us today to book any of our members, or to be notified as to when they will be in your area.

A Tip!  Booking a fall visit NOW means you can get your application for funding in early!

Visit our web site for full details on any of our members! www.authorsbooking.com

Just click on Our Presenters for a list of links to details on any of our members.  Each individual page has information on publications, presentations, fees and much more!

Questions?  Comments?  We’re listening!

Marsha & Valerie

Contact us at a...@authorsbooking.com.  We respond quickly to all e-mails.

Please note: If you haven't had a reply to messages sent to the above address within 2 working days, your message may have gone astray.  In that case, please contact either of us at home.

Valerie Sherrard: val...@nbnet.nb.ca or Marsha Skrypuch: mar...@calla.com