We're here all summer!

Authors Booking Service

Jun 22, 2011, 10:09:51 AM6/22/11
to authors...@googlegroups.com

This is our last newsletter until September  and we’d like to wish a safe and happy summer to all!!!

But remember – we’re still here – and ready to help with your booking needs!

We invite you to browse our web site at www.authorsbooking.com.  Clicking on ‘Our Presenters’ will take you to a full list of current members. From there, each individual name links to a page of information on that member’s publications, presentations, fees and so forth.

____________________________________

AVOID LONG DISTANCE TRAVEL COSTS!

Book these members when they are in your area!

Arthur Slade will be in the GTA from October 19 – 21.  Limited time remaining.

Susin Nielsen has half day time slots available on Mon Oct 24 in London, and on Wed Oct 26 in Burlington or Oakville.

Valerie Sherrard is now scheduling school and library visits in the GTA October 5 - 7.

Marsha Skrypuch will be in Ottawa and is available for school and library visits on October 14.

Linda Bailey will be visiting Ontario in early November.  Contact us to be placed on Linda’s waiting list.

Sigmund Brouwer will be in the GTA from November 17 – 21.

Philip Roy will be in Ontario October 17 to 28. Contact us if you would like to book a visit.

John Wilson: will be in various parts of Ontario November 1 – 11.  Book early to avoid disappointment.

Following the release of The Fifth Rule (sequel to The First Stone) Don Aker will visit Ontario with dates to be announced.  Contact us to be placed on Don’s waiting list.

__________________________________

NEW RELEASE

Joe Weissmann (Illustrator) Can Hen’s Give Milk by Joan Betty Stuchner.  Joe told us, “When I received the manuscript, I was very excited because I just love doing that sort of work. The story takes place in Russia in the town of Kelm where a lot of silly people live. I tried to give the artwork a folkish feel. I worked in acrylics to achieve deep saturated colors. My favourite character was the rabbi with his scraggly beard.”

__________________________________

CONGRATULATIONS to the recent winners in our book draws!  They are: Karen McGibbon, Sarah Murray, Sandra Laird, Dianna Binotto Peel, Mairi MacGregor, Kathy Hammer, Erin Walker, Jennifer Calabretta, Allison McGeorge and Marie France Gagnon.

Every session booked through ABS automatically earns you a ballot in our monthly draws!

To see a list of available books, visit this page on our blog:  http://authorsbooking.blogspot.com/2008/12/book-for-our-draws.html

They’re so Far Away!

Is the author you would like to book on our list but living in another province?  Let us know you’re interested and we’ll put you on that person’s waiting list and let you know when he or she will be visiting Ontario.  (There is, of course, no obligation to book.)

Questions?  Comments?  We’re listening!

Marsha & Valerie

Contact us at a...@authorsbooking.com.  We respond quickly to all e-mails.

Please note: If you haven't had a reply to messages sent to the above address within 2 working days, your message may have gone astray.  In that case, please contact either of us at home.

Valerie Sherrard: val...@nbnet.nb.ca or Marsha Skrypuch: mar...@calla.com