Authors in YOUR Area

Authors Booking Service

Feb 28, 2011, 10:51:37 AM2/28/11
to authors...@googlegroups.com

Guess Who’s Coming to YOUR Area!

For your convenience, we’ve compiled lists of authors who are still accepting bookings for several upcoming events.

Need someone for BOOK WEEK?

What about a FOREST OF READING EVENT?

Today’s edition of the newsletter gives you up-to-date details on who is available, and where!  (Please ask about other dates – we can help!)

BOOK WEEK: APRIL 30 – MAY 7!

Available In The GTA

Matt Beam (photographer): City Numbers, Ages 5 to 13

Hélène Boudreau: Keep Out! (Age 6 - 9), Water Hazard (Age 6 - 9) and

Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings (Ages 9 - 13)

Erin Bow: Plain Kate, ages 10 and up

Sigmund Brouwer: Justine McKeen, Queen Of Green, Ages 7-10

Lana Button: Willow's Whispers (Blue Spruce Nominee) ages 3 to 9

Don Calame: Swim The Fly (White Pine Nominee), Beat The Band, Ages 14 & Up

Anne Dublin: The Orphan Rescue, Ages: 9-12

Peggy Dymond: Growing Up Ivy,  ages 11 to 13

Vicki Grant: Not Suitable For Family Viewing (Red Maple Fiction Nominee)
Grades 6 Through 12

Sharon Jennings: C'Mere Boy!; ages 4-7 (Blue Spruce Nominee),

Home Free; Ages 9-12 (Silver Birch Fiction Nominee)

Kathy Kacer: Whispers in Hiding (Red Maple Non-Fiction Nominee), ages 10-13

Lynne Kositsky: Our Canadian Girl Rachel: The Complete Edition, Grades 3-6
Minerva's Voyage, Grades 5-8

Adrienne Kress: Timothy And The Dragon's Gate, ages 8 -12

Monica Kulling (Silver Birch Non-Fiction Nominee): Merci Mister Dash!, Ages 5 - 7

Andrew Larsen (Blue Spruce Nominee): The Luck of Jude, Age range: 8-10

Robin Baird Lewis (illustrator): "The Ale Sea" by James G. McGorman , Ages 8 to 12

Mireille Messier: Chapeau Charlotte (French picture book), ages 4 - 9

Anita Reynolds MacArthur & Karen Roy: A Royal Little Pest: Mine! Ages 3 to 8

Richard Scarsbrook: The Monkeyface Chronicles (White Pine Nominee), Ages 12 and up

Richard Scrimger: Me & Death, Age 11-13

Lesley Simpson: The Hug (ages 1 to 5) Yuvi's Candy Tree (ages 5 to 9)

Chad Solomon (Silver Birch Express Fiction Nominee): Adventures of Rabbit and Bear Paws Vol.4: Tall Tale, Ages 5- 13

Martin Springett: Breakfast On A Dragon's Tail, Grade 3 and up

Patricia Storms: Illustrator for Be A Writing Superstar by Joel Sutherland, Ages 8-12

Allan Stratton: Borderline (White Pine Nominee), Ages 13 and up

Anna Kerz: The Gnome's Eye and Better than Weird, ages 9 to 14

Frank B. Edwards: Robert Munsch (a biography), Ages 5 - 12

Available in Other Ontario Locations

Anita Reynolds MacArthur & Karen Roy: A Royal Little Pest: Mine!  Ages 3 - 8

Within 100 kms of Ajax

Matt Beam (photographer and author): City Numbers, Ages 5 to 13

Up to 150 kms from Toronto

Alma Fullerton: Burn, Ages 7 through to adult
Will travel up to 170 kms from Midland

Natale Ghent: Gravity Brings Me Down and The Odds Get Even, Grades 4-high school
Will travel up to two hours from Toronto

Sharon Jennings: A Chanukah Noel, C'Mere Boy (Blue Spruce Nominee) Home Free (Silver Birch Nominee) Grades JK to 6
Barrie-Brantford-Oshawa

Lynne Kositsky: Our Canadian Girl Rachel, Minerva's Voyage, Grades K to 12
Within 150 kms of Vineland, or within 150 kms of Toronto.

Adrienne Kress: Timothy And The Dragon's Gate, Ages 8 - 12
Will travel anywhere in Southern Ontario accessible by public transit from Toronto

Richard Scarsbrook: The Monkeyface Chronicles, Ages 12 to Adult

Available within 2 hours drive of Toronto.

Marsha Skrypuch: Stolen Child, Ages 10 and up
Brantford, 200km radius

Allan Stratton: Borderline, Age 12 and up
Beyond Burlington/Pickering with min 3 sessions. Beyond London/Kingston with min 2 days bookings.

Kari-Lynn Winters: Runaway Alphabet, JK - grade 8

Within 100 kms of the London/St. Thomas Area

Peggy Dymond Leavey: Growing Up Ivy, Ages 11 to 13

Within 250 km of Trenton. No travel cost within 50 km

Eric Zweig, Fever Season and On This Day in Hockey Grades 3 - 8

Owen Sound.  Available in Grey, Bruce, & Simcoe Counties and within an hour of Orillia.

____________________________________

FOREST OF READING CELEBRATIONS!

Coming from Out-of-Province:

Lois Peterson, Silver Birch Express nominee for The Ballad Of Knuckles McGraw is available on May 9, 10 and 11. Fees: $250 per one-hour presentation, $200 each for two or more at one location. Plus $35 per presentation toward accommodation costs.

Vicki Grant, Red Maple nominee for Not Suitable for Family Viewing, is available in the GTA from May 9 to 13. $300 per session. Discounted rate for multiple sessions.

Don Calame, White Pine nominee for Swim the Fly, is available in the GTA during Book Week (April 30 to May 7) and Forest of Reading Week (May 7 to 13). Book now to avoid disappointment.

Ontario-Based OLA Nominees:

Please note that many Ontario members are available throughout the year.  Contact us for details.

Andrew Larsen, Blue Spruce nominee for The Imaginary Garden, is available during the mornings of May 9th and 10th and 13th in the Metro Toronto area. Flat fee of $250 per hour long session.

Sharon Jennings, Silver Birch fiction nominee for Home Free and Blue Spruce nominee for C'Mere boy is available all day May 9th. Standard fee of $250.00 per one hour session. No travel cost within the Golden Horseshoe; standard mileage fees apply outside the GTA. Available the morning of May 13th in the Durham area only.

Marina Cohen, Red Maple nominee for Ghost Ride, is available during the afternoon of May 13. Flat fee of $250 per hour long session. No travel fees for Orangeville and surrounding areas or within the GTA.

Kathy Kacer, Red Maple non-fiction nominee for Whispers from the Ghettos is available all day on May 9 and 12. Fee is $350 plus HST ($400 plus HST outside of the GTA) per hour long session, plus mileage. “Looking forward to meeting you and your students!”

Sharon McKay, non-fiction nominee for Whispers from the Ghetto, Red Maple, is available every afternoon. Flat fee of $600. per afternoon (2 or 3 sessions) plus a free brown-bag lunch for students interested in writing as a career. Parents welcome.

Richard Scarsbrook, White Pine nominee for The Monkeyface Chronicles, is available both days and evenings between May 7 to 15. Flat fee of $275 per session. No travel fees within Toronto. Will travel up to 200 km from Toronto, standard kilometrage applies.

Lana Button, Blue Spruce nominee for Willow's Whispers, is available all day May 9 and 10. Flat fee of $200 per hour long session. Will travel up to 60 km from Burlington, standard kilometrage applies.

Ann Love and Jane Drake, Silver Birch non-fiction nominees for Talking Tails: the Incredible Connection Between People and Their Pets are available May  9, 10 and 11 in the GTA. Flat fee of $300 per hour long session. HST added plus standard kilometerage fees apply.

Monica Kulling, Silver Birch Express nominee for It's A Snap! George Eastman's First Photograph, is available all day May 10 and 11 and during the morning of May 13. Flat fee of $200. per 40 min. session.

Alyxandra Harvey, White Pine nominee for Hearts at Stake is available on May 9 and after noon on May 10th. Her rate is $150 per session, plus transportation if travel longer than an hour. Toronto, Brampton, Guelph, Newmarket areas easiest to visit.

We will be adding Marc Ngui to our list this week.  Marc is a Red Maple Non-Fiction nominee for Watch this Space.  Please contact us if you would like to have Marc visit your school or library.

Many of our nominees are members of The Writers Union of Canada and so their presentations may be eligible for a subsidy. Ask us for details.

SORRY!!!  These OLA Nominees have no remaining availability:

Arthur Slade

Courtney Summers

Valerie Wyatt

___________________________________

OUR MEMBER LISTS!

Click here for a direct link to our list of Forest of Reading nominees:

http://authorsbooking.com/2043/2064.html

A list of our regular members can be seen here:

http://www.authorsbooking.com/2043/index.html

Contact us to book any of our members, or to be notified as to when they will be in your area.

We’ll be back next week with our regular newsletter.

Questions?  Comments?  We’re listening!

Marsha & Valerie

Contact us at a...@authorsbooking.com.  We respond quickly to all e-mails.

Please note: If you haven't had a reply to messages sent to the above address within 2 working days, your message may have gone astray.  In that case, please contact either of us at home.

Valerie Sherrard: val...@nbnet.nb.ca or Marsha Skrypuch: mar...@calla.com